Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a 2002 laguna 1.8 petrol car, it was driving absolutely fine until i went to it the next morning and the key card unlocks the car but when you put the card in the slot nothing happens, no dash lights at all. the stop light on the dash remains on all the time.
local garage cannot plug in untill we get an ignition up on the dash aagghhhhh its doing my head in and theirs.
can anyone help
it might not be relavent but it stoped working only after it had rained hard over night, i dont know if its relavent or not.
can anyone help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi it might be worth having the uch on your car checked out as my car had problems after heavy rain. open fuse box cover on end of dash and see if there are signs of rust marks if so water has proberly got into uch box. it is not cheap to fix approx £400.00

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
having fluff inside the card reader can prevent it from reading the card.
also check the connections on the reader ( simple remove ashtray and 2 screws and pull out) make sure connectors are firmly pushed in.
check your scuttles for blockages - i had inside the car and cleaning these helped greatly (look under plastic trim where wipers are)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts