Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Hoping you can shed some advise on a problem that has been happening on my laguna.

On start up she free revs fine however once I start to drive her, I notice that she is really struggling at anything above 2k. Within 10 seconds the friendly warning voice tells me that there is a fault ( yellow ) in the fuel injection system and how I should consult my renault dealer.

HOWEVER

As soon as this warning light comes on she opens up and drives fine. I have done over a thousand miles with this fault and decided to take it to my garage. He did some tests and said that he wasnt sure but he was going to fit a valve. Did that and the problem remains.

Its not a huge issue ( yet ) but I am intending on driving to Holland for the football this summer and am quite concerned about it getting worse for the drive.

What I want to know is has anyone else experienced this issue and what was the cause. My mechanic says that next up is either an air intake syste or a labra sensor. If I could point him in the right direction it might save me some pennies in the long run.

Thanks Chaps and Chappettes

Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional Information

Reading a couple of other posts it seems that I need to add a little more information

Its a Laguna Mk2 2001 on a Y plate 1.9Cdi Privilage with I believe the 120bhp engine.

The fault only goes until you give her 50% throttle or more for about 10 seconds in 2nd or 3rd gear ( might do it in the others but 2nd and 3rd is what I have noticed it in )

Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Final Information

Just got told that there is a fault code - either 322 or 233 ( mechanic not sure which one came up) but he didnt have the code list so didnt know what it meant.

Also just realised that he left the engine cover off, might contemplate finding a new mechanic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your cars a 2001 so i guess it will be around the 100k+ mark I've just had to replace Turbo ,Cat, Maf meter, Egr valve, on my 1.9dti laguna with 110k on clock and i was having warnings of service light and fuel injection lights coming on, car drops into safe mode, if i was you i would check these out might be i'm over cautious but its cost me a 4 figure sum to put it all right

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for your reply.

I hope it doesnt need all that work done to it.

I think it might just be something to do with the air flow. I have done some research and apparently engine error code 233 ( or 322 ) might refer to the airflow in.

Although the yellow light comes on, it actually causes the engine to run a near to perfect. I did notice a pipe from the turbo was hanging off. I have put it back on now but the problem remains. Also the mechanic replaced something that looks like a throttle body and carb on the car but again that hasnt made it better.

Any more for any more???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re Laguna service light and injetor warning light on dash dti

Hi there first let me introduce myself i have visited this site a few times and found it very helpful so hi & Thanks from me SACR.

Ok i just wanted to know if any one with this problem of the lights on the dash? ( service and Injector warning) Has acctually found out what causes it ??. As i have a 99 T reg 1.9 DTi laguna sport with the same problem, i bought it about 4 months ago and had no problems up until about 3 weeks ago when my wife was driving it , The service light and the Injector warning light ( rectangle with zig zag line going through it) both come on at the same time , when you first put your foot on the accelerator pedal ,and you lose a lot of power, however when you press it a little harder and get past about 1400 rpm the lights go out and 9 times out of 10 you get most of the power back. But some days i can drive it all day and the fault lights never come on ?? can anybody help me please as my local Renault dealer charge about £75 per hour. :( :tumbleweed:
Thanks In advance SACR ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SACR Hi

I finally twigged what the issue was with my car. Renault had no idea, couple of local garages had no idea. In the end an old friend suggested that we simple start stripping the engine down and eventually one of two things would happen. a) it would get dark or b) we would find the cause of the problem. Thankfully b) was the outcome and it turned out that it was the ERV Valve thing ( the valve that recycles the exhaust gas back into the engine to make it cleaner and more fuel efficient.)

It wasnt broke, just completely clogged up with ( and this is a technical definition from a non technical person ) crap. Cleaned it up, put it all back together and boom, lots of black smoke followed by no more fuel injection warning light coming on. I think ultimately replacing the valve would be the best course of action however as I have spent well over 200 quid with various garages to dianose the issue ( and they all missed it ) I am going to keep running it and see what happens.

Another fault developed with the car that might be of help to someone. Driving down the road and all of a sudden .... death. Car dies, no hazzards, no horn, no electrics and when doing a fair wack down the outside lane of the M4, no fun. RAC duely called however before they got there, and after much stomping around the car calling it useless and a cashpit, everything came back on. This happened two or three more times and nobody could shed any light on the matter. However there was one common theme. The car would come back to life everytime I swore at it and slammed the door.

To cut a long story short, behind the drivers door, is fuse panel, behind fuse panel was connector that was hanging off. The most stupid fault ever but if you didnt know what to look at first, then you could spend a whole lotta money before stumbling across it.

If it saves someone a few pound then that can only be a good thing.

Keep it lucky guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts