Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another coupe owner! I've got the 3.0 dci gt. Much pulling power! mines got the optional renault splitter and skirts, I think they look really good but as you say I think they were an expensive option (sorry no pictures).

Where is the USB slot????? I don't think I have one? will be annoyed if I do and haven't found it after 18 months!

If you are interested in modified have a look at this thread.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/project-laguna-coupe.528396/
The guy did some really good mods (but then seemed to get carried away in my opinion)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
USB slot is in the box under the armrest in mine. Yeah the splitters look good but you try finding them now. Also agree he got a bit carried away - I do tend to go for subtle. Planning on a remap of the 2.0l 180hp in mine in the near future, later I'm tempted to lower it all round as there is a lot of air above the wheels so it's begging for it! I'd like to get the Renault badges off too but that would mean a bonnet and boot rebuild so maybe next year!

Good luck with yours - I was tempted with the 3.0 but decided the extra mpg of the 2 would win me over and they didn't do the Monaco at that size!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't have the USB connector :( just twin phono think mine must be too old...

Yes the V6 is a peach of an engine but not massively economical for a diesel (high 30s in mixed driving), but I do like having an auto....

Lowering makes a big difference to the look, I also think some gentle spacing out of the rear wheels would improve the stance greatly too. although i don't tend to modify cars myself I know it would look better for it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The USB port only takes powered devices so if you use your MP3 player elsewhere you have to keep taking it out. I've ordered one but I tried a cheapy thing and it all got confused! Might not really bother with it as the Bluetooth to phone is great. Not sure if the 3l is the same as the Pug one but if it is it is an awesome engine. I had a 407 Coupe with it and that was lovely but the gearbox started to play up and I could find more excuses to change it if pressed! Only getting early 40's out of my 2l with mixed driving so high 30's wouldn't be that different. I do wonder whether the previous owner tinkered with it somehow as the figures published reckon it should be better than that, but then we know how manufacturers exaggerate. Enjoy yours whatever.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok so now I feel really left out as my bluetooth doesn't stream either :crazy: grrr.... how do you make it do it? (although I do have bose so it may be different to what you guys have got).

No, different to the Pug engine. Its the same engine as used in Infinity's.
Its a real peach though. it even sounds nice :d

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've got the BOSE system too so should be the same. You have to go through the music settings button - not the tel button, find the Bluetooth bit and pair the car and phone up. That's the button on the bottom right on the set in the dash - the one that looks like it's got an equaliser drawn on it. It was easy with my Android phone but a nightmare with the company Blackberry - most of the functions don't work with that. Hope that helps.
Yeah that is a sweet engine, same as in the Jags - when I had the 407 the guys who do my dirty stuff wouldn't believe it was an oil burner at first. Makes my mate's Merc sound like a truck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Monaco GP with the Bose system. The USB connector is the central glovebox on the centre console. A little difficult to reach but works ok. I have a 16Gb stick full of music in the slot. You can also use the slot to connect an Ipod which also works fine except it is a little slow.

I found on my ancient Motorola bluetooth phone I had to tell the phone to use external bluetooth speakers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If I'm reading that right you have just a memory stick in the USB port. Mine won't work like that, has to be a player rather than just a stick. Odd, bit like lots of other things on the car. Wouldn't be Renaults if it was ordinary I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I usually use an USB stick but my Ipod Nano works in the same slot. I assume you have the usual "Tunepoint" connection in the central glove box.

It may be worth checking whether you have the latest USB driver installed in your Carminat/Bose system. It may be a little difficult to find as the Renault sites are less than clear. Confusingly Renault have a multimedia site as well as their normal web site. If you do not know already Renault call this connection "Tune point" just to confuse us!. The Uk web site is called https://www.renault.co.uk/services/owner-information/navigation-and-multimedia.html

The GP is my second Laguna Coupé . I still think it is one of the most elegant looking cars around. I live in France and, even here, it is a rare car which always attracts admiring looks. I have the bog standard 150 Bhp engine with a tuning box which takes it up to around 180. I would have loved the bigger engine but the French impose prohibitive taxation on these. When I first moved to France, 10 years ago, I had a 3 litre petrol Laguna which was a superb car.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts