Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 2002 Laguna front passenger window has been making a awful sound this last 2 months on going down (quiet when going up).

Earlier, the window made a grinding noise as it reached the bottom, stopped and is now stuck all the way down.

Took the door panel off and noticed a snapped cable.

Should I buy a new cable or replace the regulator/all cables as well? Have seen these on ebay for £60 etc.

Also, when disconnecting the battery to do this job, will my key card/fob work okay when reconnecting battery? Will it loose its code?

Many thanks people.

·
Registered
9 Posts
n/s/f window regulater snap

you do not need to disconnect the batt just unplug the regulater i have fixed 3 with just some push bike cable and small elec block connecters it takes abit of time but can be done with care make cable tight not lose !!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both and everyone else for your help.

I read some of the earlier posts on this forum and tried using the bicycle brake cable method. I found this very tedious and getting the thing assembled and cables tight was tricky, it worked for 10 secs and then got chewed up.

Left the battery alone, just disconnected it as you mentioned. No probs there.

Anyway, I bought a new replacement from ebay for £60, put that in this afternoon and am now laughing...:d

Better than £300 from Reno.

Problem now is a knocking noise has just developed from rear, probably the rear axle bushes split. Will give GSF a try, thanks for recommending them.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing Window Regulator

Hi

I can see there are lots of people that have experienced the widow regulator problem.
I have got as far as removing interior door panel to identify cables have snapped.
Can anyone guide me as to how to remove the regulator as I cannot find the info on the forum.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts