Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody help,what size square key do i need to open the sump drain nut on a 2002 renault laguna

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Hello, it is a 8mm square you need. I have a 8mm square on a 3/8 drive which i use with a ratchet, hope this helps, regards Damian. :)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Hogan - most decent auto-stores or motor factors should be able to supply. Remember to renew the sump plug washer when changing the oil - Renauts are notorious for leaking at the sump plug.:)

·
Banned
910 Posts
i made my own from a old screwdriver that fits sockets onto it then just put it on grinder and did it to size still use it now even though i bought a drain plug set oh well but its a cheap option for some to consider

Reactions: Bob925

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Nice tip - tried that once in an emergency - then I discovered the metal I had ground became soft - ended up damaging a drain plug - so your investment in the proper tool is properly cheaper in the long run.:)

·
Banned
910 Posts
not had any probs at all with mine if its done to proper size cant see any probs still ive done loads of cars with it and still it aint defaced

·
Banned
910 Posts
sure does but was only a cheap old set wouldnt use my snap on's lol far too expensive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts