Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im working on a freinds 2000 V reg DTi and it is chucking out what I beleive to be exhaust gases from the back off thge engine. Theres a metal pipe that has a hose attached and runs to what I think is the recyle gasses unit at the top off engine. Im wondering what this part is called please. I tried to tape it but the gas pressure is quite hi and it gets extreamly hot.

Hope you can help me out please and either let me know a good fix or what the part is called so I can get one thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pipe should go from the turbo to the egr valve they break on the flexy joint,
Thats probably about right I though it was the turbo down the back of engine.
Thanks for speedy reply and yes it seems to have gone on the ridged section. any Idea what its called or way to fix it?
I tried gather tape but that melted, I tried aluminuim tap buy the the glue gave once it got hot.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
think it's called the egr valve pipe, i think it's cut and rejoin with a small diameter flexy pipe or a 2nd hand one, or take it off and make a blanking plate both ends one for turbo other for egr valve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive taken a picture to help comfirm. you can see where the pipe goes into the top off engine and the silver tape I used on the pipe to no evail.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Just wanted comfimation thanks the one on mine rubber so obviously been bodged at some stage
Uhh, yeah... Rubber, to carry hot, fresh off the manifold exhaust gas. Clever. :crazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
found out why it was bodged :devil:
The lower rear nut has been rounded off, Ive now removed rubber hose and working on doing somthing with it ??:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts