Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help, i've have a few probs with my laguna (1.9dci 02).

First was caused by me this morning as i ran out of diesel. THe engine red light is flashing now. How can i reset it? Lucky enough there was no airlock or anything like that so the car just started after a refil.

Secondly, sometimes when driving on the motorway at 70+, a amber light comes on all of a sudden, and the car struggles to go over 2000rpm in any gear. A engine switch off and start sorts this out.

And lastly, sometimes my clutch fails to come back up completely. is this the master cylinder going?

Only serviced the car recently too :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Secondly, sometimes when driving on the motorway at 70+, a amber light comes on all of a sudden, and the car struggles to go over 2000rpm in any gear. A engine switch off and start sorts this out.
Hi Beano, i'm not much help mechanically, but i have read about this before on this forum, and its called limp mode i think. Its when the engine managment recognises a fault, and basically 'limps' to your destination.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some advice about what to do next.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
The only guarenteed method of cacelling the engine management light is to have a dealer or auto electrician reset the fault code on the ECU. However some members have had success by disconnecting the battery for 30mins as this can clear the ECU. BE AWARE that you may have to re enter radio codes etc. so have them to hand before disconnecting the battery.
There has been a few posts rrecently regarding Dci's with warning lights at 70mph have a look at this thread for further info and related threads.
Not too sure regarding the clutch but it does sound like an issue that needs looking at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts