Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pull down radio cover in my laguna does no stay down. renault told me it was a big job because the whole dashboard had to be taken out is this true. is there a easy fix i could try myself

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
when i got my lag,my radio cover was on the seat and im pretty sure they didnt need to remove the dash to repair it,although dont quote me on that

regards
nthesx

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Tryin' to skint you!

EDIT: I have just noticed your Laguna is a MK2 so the following may not apply as I don't know the layout of a Lag2 centre dash. I would have though it would be similar though.

Have a look at this thread and just follow the first two pictures. I posted the thread to show how to remove a climate control unit but you have to remove everything below it, including the radio housing, before you can remove the climate control unit.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/how-...-laguna.html?highlight=remove+climate+control

Hope that helps.:)

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I had mine done and they said it was a dash apart job. Dealer bore the cost. However I have seen on the forum somewhere that there is a trick (difficult) to it and you don't need to. I've got a minute so I'll have a look. Might have related to the MK1 though I don't think so...

aha it was yer man Huw:
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/lagu...rd.html?highlight=laguna+dashboard#post173386

He drives a mark II so should be right. Best hope he pops over to this thread :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same issue with a 52 plate laguna, upon inspection there wasnt anything wrong with the mechnism at the top of the cover. It was infact the casing that the side of the cover which was flexing.

I ended up shoving a bit of cardboard down the side, which stopped the plastic flexing and meant that the cover stayed shut when pulled down. I can post pics if required.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My radio cover surface has become "sticky" as if coated with some sorts of adhesive. What is wrong with the paint? The surface finish use to be very nice to touch, it feel more like a rubber than the plastic.
I tried to remove the sticky stuff even with the WD40 but failed.
Pls help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had the same issue with a 52 plate laguna, upon inspection there wasnt anything wrong with the mechnism at the top of the cover. It was infact the casing that the side of the cover which was flexing.

I ended up shoving a bit of cardboard down the side, which stopped the plastic flexing and meant that the cover stayed shut when pulled down. I can post pics if required.
I know this post is 3 years old but I have the same issue, pics would be great!!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I know this post is 3 years old but I have the same issue, pics would be great!!
I'm considering replacing some covers for this reason though the flap is a pain to replace, and mine was done when I got the car as it had stopped clicking down so is still relatively new. The ashtry and card cover are particularly sh!te!

Cheers!

:d

·
Registered
41 Posts
My radio cover surface has become "sticky" as if coated with some sorts of adhesive. What is wrong with the paint? The surface finish use to be very nice to touch, it feel more like a rubber than the plastic.
I tried to remove the sticky stuff even with the WD40 but failed.
Pls help.
I only bought my Laguna yesterday and thought that was normal till I read your post. Sprayed a bit of Cillit Bang Grease & Grime on a sponge and gave it a bit of a scrub.
As it said in the add "Bang and the grime is gone!!"

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I only bought my Laguna yesterday and thought that was normal till I read your post. Sprayed a bit of Cillit Bang Grease & Grime on a sponge and gave it a bit of a scrub.
As it said in the add "Bang and the grime is gone!!"
Nice tip will give that a go - nice one barry! :d

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have exactly the same problem, i need a new lid and pictures of how to install it. can it be done???? Pics would be great if poss

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
There are two ways to change the flap:

1) take apart the entire dash
2) a secret tricky method where you don't have to take apart the entire dash

Obviously 2 is preferable! You'll need to search the forum pretty thoroughly to find the how to on this one... but it can be done ;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are two ways to change the flap:

1) take apart the entire dash
2) a secret tricky method where you don't have to take apart the entire dash

Obviously 2 is preferable! You'll need to search the forum pretty thoroughly to find the how to on this one... but it can be done ;)

Cheers!

You tease - tell me how :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I don't know how sorry but its been mentioned on the forum a couple of times, though I can't even remember seeing the howto steps, just that it is possible :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts