Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a relay controlling the fan, Mine is not kicking in have checked fuse and its ok,have tried taking plug of sensor(rad) and wiring across the terminals in plug,but no joy,Any Ideas on relay,where it be

Cheers,
Craig

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers Chris,put direct feed to fan and it works still thinking along the lines of a relay,anyone any ideas where it could be

·
Registered
15 Posts
same question please. Ive got a n reg 1.4 rt. Fans itself is ok. Bridge the switch and nothing happens. Where is the relay located please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same problem on my Clio 1.2 RT.
Direct power to the fan and it spins, a paperclip in the sensor and it doesn't.
Does my car have a relay for this? and where do I find it?
Or is there anything else that could be stopping the power getting to the fan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got the same problem on my Clio 1.2 RT.
Direct power to the fan and it spins, a paperclip in the sensor and it doesn't.
Does my car have a relay for this? and where do I find it?
Or is there anything else that could be stopping the power getting to the fan.
Had this happen with my sons 306.turned out to be dirty blades on one of the large fuses( 40 or 60a) in the engine compartment fuse box,removed fuse (make sure you have the radio code)clean metal blades with some fine wet & dry,replace fuse.worth a try before you get into relays and sensors?Hope this helps,Alex

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a relay controlling the fan, Mine is not kicking in have checked fuse and its ok,have tried taking plug of sensor(rad) and wiring across the terminals in plug,but no joy,Any Ideas on relay,where it be

Cheers,
Craig
i too have this problem and car also cuts out , any ideas

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
which fan ???
interior fan or main Radiator fan

If its the radiator fan there is usually a plastic box at one end (nearest battery) behind the bumper, where there lives about 2 or 3 big relays, yellow? and brown?)
follow the wireing from the fans to the right?
there will be an earth strap from the relay box to the front mid crossmember. relay box sits on the end of the radiator/ fan plastic cowling.

you will probably have to take the headlight, top grill, and bumper off to get clear access to it.

if its the interior fan, its about 3 screws on the bottom of the dashboard(passenger side) to remove the fan, not sure if it is powerfull enough to need a relay?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts