Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.
A really dumb question but I've given up trying to search the web. I got a '95 RXE 2.0 Auto Laguna for the wife with the original Philips Radio/Cassette/CD dual DIN system. All works fine but I cannot store new radio stations in the 1-5 preset buttons. The 2-seconds press which works anywhere else does not work and any other combination I tried failed. Can someone help ?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
It doesn't make any sense unless the preset buttons are not responding somehow. I've just checked in my manual and the Phillips system uses the 2 second hold method.

Have you got the code for the radio, if you have I would suggest unplugging the head unit and starting again. You never know, electronics can be funny things sometimes.

I can forsee no other way of managing to preset something if the buttons don't work?

Let us know if that works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I have the code so I'll try this one. The bottons do change the stations, it's just that they only do that.
It looks like the previous owner was not that sincere on the radio capabilities. I'm considering a plan-B, Pioneer DEH-P4900IB. Hopefully I'll manage to connect it to the streering remote and external display. (I've started to research, looks like I'll need a CA-R-PI.183 adaptor or something like it). Anyway huge thanks.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It might be possible to connect the Pioneer(good choice!:)) head unit to the steering wheel controls,but as far as I know the display will be blank with any after market stereo.

If anyone knows any different,then let me know as my standard CD is going to be used as a clay pigeon soon.........I have had enough of it saying 'ERR' at me!:d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts