Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just replaced the original Renault (blaupunkt) radio on my 1995 laguna. Apparently is was draining the battery.

Anyway, I've bought one with a USB port and it all works fine - apart from when I turn on the engine the stereo is automatically in mute mode. Just have to press the mute button on the unit to get around this - which is not the greatest of problems.

However, I can alternatively override the mute function by turning on my headlights!! And guess what.........when I turn them off the radio goes back into mute mode!!!

It seems that the mute lead from the radio connects with a blue lead on the ISO connector, which looking at wiring diagrams seems to go to the lights and therefore maybe something to do with night illumination on the original stereo??

Any pointers to overcome this non-essential, but annoying problem, would be appreciated.

By the way my guess about the wiring diagrams - is just that. I have no clue about wiring diagrams so if you could spell out to me what to do, that would be great.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks chris. but surely if I disconnect the lead, the radio will always come on straight onto mute all of the time whether or not the lights are on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts