Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Some Please Help me , I have just brought a renault laguna 2001 S reg and driving me NUTS

When drive my REV counter shoots up to about 2000 rpm , and my Accelerator pedal cuts out and the engine management light come , so i have no power , i then would have pull over wait for 20mins or so and start the engine again before its start normal .

i then used used a reader to Diagnostic find the problem it then came up throttle postion senoer , so i had the Accelerator pedal changed hoping the this resolve the problem which it did not i then put the reader back on agian it showed no fault . But the problem is there

I have been told it may be my throttle body

any suggestion

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
hi
check for any air leaks on the throttle body or hose that plugs into it and around the inlet manifoild.
other option is to get the contacts on/in the throttle body cleaned.
last resort is to get the throttle body replaced and get the ECU reprogrammed so its synced with both he pedal and TB potentiometers inside them.
if one of the pair in them wears out (resistive films in them) then it plays up.

Reactions: roadrunner20

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mate i took you advice and check the air leakages around inlet manifolder and pipers , also fitted it a new throttle body , i also took the car down the garage and got the ECU reset , but i still have the same problem as the car it still rev-ing . any ideas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts