Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a laguna mk1 2.0ltr est (8 valve (volvo) engine) R reg 98.
I have problems with revs dropping when I dip the clutch. It has cut out on one occasion when entering a roundabout and it was not good loosing your power steering and the brake servo !!
I have cleaned the entry into the throttle body carefully using a cloth soaked in wd40. I have re-assembled the hoses and I still have the same problem with the revs dropping but the car is now idling at about 1200 revs (prior to the clean it was about 900). I have now blasted proper carburetor cleaner into the throttle body but this has had no effect.
The car runs fine at all other times anybody any suggestions on why the car is idling faster ?:confused:
Also I have read in other posts that it may be the tdc sensor. How do I tell if the sensor has gone without hooking the car up to a computer or is this the only way of testing it ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also forgot to ask if I replace the tdc sensor do i have to get the fault codes cleared . I read somewhere that you do but the thread was a bit to technical for me and I got lost in all the technical info !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts