Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nightmare night. I have a problem with my electric sunroof that is booked in to get fixed in a couple of weeks (basically it creaks and hardly opens). I was driving tonight and instead of hitting the internal light switch I hit the sunroof switch and it creaked open. I pressed it again to close it and it shattered. There was glass everywhere and I have just finished hoovering it all out of my car (it's midnight and I bet my neighbours love me just now :p )

I just called Autoglass and they are gonna call me in the morning with a price. Can anyone tell me what the cost might be?

Thanks in advance.
Brian. :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Autoglass came back and said I'd need to go to the manufacturer for a price. Both Parks and Arnold Clark quoted me £184 for just the piece of glass and said they couldn't get it till Wednesday. I tried the scrappies and finally found one that had 3 lagunas. It was only 4 screws to undo it and it took 20mins in total to fit it. All good as new for £20.

Brian.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Well done my friend ...... now that is what i call a result ! :d :d :d

Always good to hear someone taking their own initiative and saving a few bob .

Chakota :p :p :p

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Autoglass came back and said I'd need to go to the manufacturer for a price. Both Parks and Arnold Clark quoted me £184 for just the piece of glass and said they couldn't get it till Wednesday. I tried the scrappies and finally found one that had 3 lagunas. It was only 4 screws to undo it and it took 20mins in total to fit it. All good as new for £20.

Brian.
By god, I love the scrappies:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Yes aagreeeee cant beat the a breakers yard unless you have money to give away to them big gready dealers:d :rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts