Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I'm new here so first things first... Hello to all :)

I bought my 1.6 16v laguna yesturday and when I picked it up I was told that the sunroof didn't work.

Me being me was playing in the car last night on the drivway and decided to 'just try' the sunroof. I moved the dail to the tilt posistion 1 and it openned.

I was quite happy about this thinking that they (the dealer) had made a mistake. Sadly I now know that they hadn't as I then tried to close the sunroof but nothing happened.

If i move the dail about and press it in as I'm doing so sometimes I can hear the mechinsum trying to work but most of the time nothing happens.

I've read the serveral threads here explaing the reset and how to reset the sunroof, but I have the feeling they is something more to it than that.

Is there a way of closing it manually??

Can I somehow turn the motor to close the roof??

What else can I do to get the roof closed??

I'm going to pickup some tools later and remove the glass by undoing the 4 screws i can see holding it on. Do you think I'll be able to get the bars that are stuck up pushed down so i can then drop the glass back in place and put the screws back in??

I'm not borthered about breaking it so it never works again, I just relly need to get it closed as we're due some very heavy rain at in the next few days.

Help me please!!!!

Cheers for your time

:)

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

What year is your Laguna ? If its over year 2000 it will be a Laguna II and most probably the sunroof just needs to be reset. To do this do the following :-

Turn roof control knob fully clockwise and press and hold in for approx 10 secs, then turn anti clockwise, press and hold for same. Roof should do some wacky adjustments and reset whilst you are pressing said knob.

Also do your windows go up and down properly or do they go in 2 inch stages ?

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your Laguna ? If its over year 2000 it will be a Laguna II most probably just need to reset it

To do this do the following :-

Turn roof control knob fully clockwise and press and hold in for approx 10 secs, then turn anti clockwise, press and hold for same. Roof should do some wacky adjustments and reset whilst you are pressing said knob.

Also do your windows go up and down properly or do they go in 2 inch stages ?

Cheers
Cor, thanks for the speeyd reply!!

Yes, I have a 2001 so it's a lag 2.

I'll try the reset when i get home (the Mrs is using it today...) and post back.

I was under the impression form the other threads I've read that my issues was behond the reset and the reset only worked for problems concerning the closed posistion being wrong. - I'll be very happy to be wrong...

In answer to your question about the windows, no the windows all work perfectly.

Does that make any difference??

Cheers again

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Cor, thanks for the speeyd reply!!

Yes, I have a 2001 so it's a lag 2.

I'll try the reset when i get home (the Mrs is using it today...) and post back.

I was under the impression form the other threads I've read that my issues was behond the reset and the reset only worked for problems concerning the closed posistion being wrong. - I'll be very happy to be wrong...

In answer to your question about the windows, no the windows all work perfectly.

Does that make any difference??

Cheers again
No thats fine. The only reason I asked is because the sunroof can go wonky when the windows need reseting . (The windows need reseting when the battery has been disconnected).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No thats fine. The only reason I asked is because the sunroof can go wonky when the windows need reseting . (The windows need reseting when the battery has been disconnected).
Arh, ok I get it.

Cheers.

I really, really, really, really hope that the reset works.

If is doesn't, should I reset the windows as well??

If none of that works, do you think it's adviseable to remove the glass and try and force the two hinges closed and drop the glass back in place??

Like I said, I'm not bothered about it never working again as it has AC, I just need it closed before I ruin the seats with rain water!!

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
I hope it works for you too mate. You never know unless you try it eh.

Im sure there should be a manual override lever thingy. There normally is on cars with electric roofs (a ford I had years ago did have). Try pulling the roof lining down abit around the sunroof to see if theres a manual overide lurking somwhere ?

Dont know if removing the glass and pressing on the rods will help, as the motor will be holding them up firmly.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
On some models if you remove the dial button it conceals an allen key socket and using a suitable allen key you may be able to close it manually:)

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
On some models if you remove the dial button it conceals an allen key socket and using a suitable allen key you may be able to close it manually:)
There you go - maybe thats your answer.

Thanks for that Noel. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey it worked!!!!

reset it when i got home and she works a good'un.:jawdropping:

I really can't thank you enough. I was willing to break it just to get it to close, but after doing the reset it is now fully functional!!

Legend, take 10 tin'er-net points. :d

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
hey it worked!!!!

reset it when i got home and she works a good'un.:jawdropping:

I really can't thank you enough. I was willing to break it just to get it to close, but after doing the reset it is now fully functional!!

Legend, take 10 tin'er-net points. :d
Thats brilliant news. Im glad to have been able to help.

Thanks for coming back with an update.

:d

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Hi there if windows go up or down in one movement there is no need to reset. However to reset you simply open and close the windows fully each way a couple of times.

If you dont manage to reset the sunroof you should be able to manally close doing the following. Gently, pull out the sunroof switch unit behind it you will see the motor. You will also see a Alan socket, use this to manually operate the roof.

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts