Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i've got a laguna 1800 16v which i want to fit a turbo to. Does anyone know if it can b done and where i will pick one up from?

Cheers for any advice,
ian

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Turbos aren't a just a simple bolt on addition like a fancy exhaust or furry dice. The exhaust and inlet systems have to be changed and a means of supplying it with a pressurised oil supply, etc, etc, etc, In all honesty it would probably be much cheaper to change the car. Even if you got it to fit the enegine management system would have to be changed to suit.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
:rofl: Hi Ian Williams -you been driving long. Take my advice buy a couple of furry dice - it'll do wonders for your image:rofl: :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
I want a Turbo

:rofl: Hi Ianwilliams
It's a big downsize from the Lag in terms of space. The 197 is much quicker and a lot more expensive - £16K (new) and 15e insurance group - not for me I'll stick to my oil burner (diesel) of a Clio. Good Luck -most of us only dream of such toys. As far as I know the197 has a naturally aspirated engine - so it looks like you still won't get turbo after all - shame!!:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts