Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am looking at buying a 11.9 dti laguna.i have looked at the car and the only problem i can find is a oil light and temp gage warning light come on where the milage shows it lasts about 2 mins then goes out and the milage shows could anyone tell me what this is as normal red oil warning lamp goes out as soon as engine starts.thank yuo

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there if you have a line of noughts i.e. 000000 then this shows the actual oil level, as the oil level in the sump decreases you will see less and less naughts. When the minimum level is reached then this display will flash 'OIL'
which obviously means you have to top up. The warning Lights should all go out about 30 seconds after starting
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Lguna II 1.6 petrol. When the card is pushed in all the dash lighs come on. After a few seconds most go out, The handbrake, ignition & stop lights stay on, But the OIL LIGHT goes out!!!! Is this correct? On most cars the oil light stays on untill the engine has started and the oil pressure turns the light out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts