Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the wiper stalk this morning to spray my front window and that worked fine but the wipers didnt come on. I turned the wipers to position 1 and again nothing. I then turned the stalk to position 2 and 3 and it worked fine on these settings. I checked all the fuses and they are all ok. Does anyone have any idea why my front wipers dont work on the slowest setting or when I spray the windscreen but work fine on the fast settings?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
ok mate, no worries, mate of mine had a problem with his auto function and that was the two symptoms he had, good luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have replaced all the relays and the wiper issue is still the same. I also replaced the wiper stalk controls in the car (not sure if thats the right terminology) and still the wipers don't work at the 1st speed. It weird as some mornings they do work and then they stop for days and then start working again.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Could be a duff earth on the wiper motor or a fault in the wiper delay mechanism.:)

P.S. You could try a temporary earth from the wiper motor to the bodywork

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I'm getting this to now every now and again. On position 1 or 2 i can hear the relay click but the wipers dont move. When I moved to position 3 it clicked and they moved, apart from today in the heavy rain when nothing happened at all in any position, could hear the clicking, this was very scary as i couldnt see a damn thing so had to stop in the middle of the road and stop the car, restarted and all was ok. But i know this is gonna crap out again, I wonder what it is.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, can someone please tell me where the wiper motor is please, im having this problem on my "X" reg mk1 laguna.....

is a replacement motor in order or is there anything i can re grease and clean?

Jim

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
I have no experience of wipers on the Lag I but it may be worth having a look under the scuttle panel where the wiper drive shafts emerge:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts