Independent Renault Forums banner

129661 - 129680 of 129984 Posts

·
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
2,568 Posts
Up and at um @ 5am..just laid there hoping the wife would get up and make a cuppa..thought I was asking to much..now I have one and some toast..Iceland delivery tomorrow and wondering what we wont be getting this time..who has noticed that the big 3 supermarkets have hiked up their prices ? Sainsbury's Asda morrisons are coining it in..some saying that Aldi and Lidl have not but can't comment because we dont shop there and they don't do a delivery service in our area..

Last
You sure they will deliver tomorrow?.... Bank Holiday?
Tesco's prices seem to be the same, just the odd item that's OTT, hand gel, paracetamol, that type of thing, so.... shop at Tesco! ;)
Right, time to get the mutts walked ..... Last.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,595 Posts
Time to open the Crypt!!!!

Sorted the starting, it is the duff battery that is tucking things up.

:cool: :) :eek: :devilish:

I'm Last!

·
2,568 Posts
Time to open the Crypt!!!!

Sorted the starting, it is the duff battery that is tucking things up.

I'm Last!
I think we should re name you Sherlock! 😁 A nice bit of deductive reasoning dear boy.....
Morning all, no need to shut the door later on, apparently its going to be a hot one 😎🌞 ..... Last.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,404 Posts
Up and at um this morning with the birds..hells bells and buckets of spit..2.50am..just took my motor for a 15 mile drive to get the battery back up and to get the mechanicals working the wheels turn as well well fancy that..while out I sussed out where a few shops are ..need some new pad locks on my garage and thats where I bought the last lot..got 5 on my garage to keep the tea leaves out.. 😁 wondering if I should call in Baggy the C4 expert for extra protection..waddya think ..

Last

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
I think we should re name you Sherlock! 😁 A nice bit of deductive reasoning dear boy.....
Morning all, no need to shut the door later on, apparently its going to be a hot one 😎🌞 ..... Last.
Thanks Baggy, this W10 crap is a PITA.
I had forgotten how how bad W10 actually is. What really pi$$es me off is that when you get a major update everything is reset to Windows Defaults, this includes the power options and also the System restore. This laptop was my sister in laws, a good top of the line model around a £1000.00 when she bought it and basically the hard drive started playing silly buggers. SIL who has more money than sense didn't wait just went out and bought another one. I got this one going again, stripped it, cleaned it checked the hard drive for errors on another machine and got it going again. Rescued all SIL's photos and transferred to new machine and got given old one for my trouble.
New 2TB Hybrid SSD in it and away it went. This was all sorted last year last year and daughter was going to have this one as some of the games on Steam she has are not playable on her old one, this one is a far better spec and is more capable of the games that she has. Before I could finish setting it up and giving it to daughter I had my little episode in Derriford with the bowel blocking and this as a project got forgotten.
Anyway all working now and starts on the button. The Fast Start-Up option is no good on this machine and it does not properly restart, the machine actually restarts but with no screen lit up, so fat lot of use that is. I finally remembered this option and reset that to make it work. Still didn't restart with the main battery in. Battery was not being detected.
I had removed and reset the BIOS lots of times to get it to restart and it was only after leaving out the main battery that it actually restarted, so QED that proved it, the main battery is tucking the thing up.
Now to find a replacement battery for it for as sure as God made little apples daughter will end up tucking it up by pulling out the power lead at the wrong time and killing windows.

I'm Last!

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,404 Posts
Good morning Lasters ..I know I am late this morning but like KW I actually slept and woke at 7.30 like Burlington Bertie..be back in a bit..having a cuppa and getting myself together [ back pain ] before I face another day on here with you all..

Last

·
2,568 Posts
Morning all...
W10 is a total waste of space.
it screwed up the desktop so much I reverted to w7, much more stable and for windows that's saying something!
I really must get round to switching em all over to linux (again) just got lazy I guess.
Ah well, maybe after the house move, I'll get motivated! :D ..... Last.

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
Morning all...
W10 is a total waste of space.
it screwed up the desktop so much I reverted to w7, much more stable and for windows that's saying something!
I really must get round to switching em all over to linux (again) just got lazy I guess.
Ah well, maybe after the house move, I'll get motivated! :D ..... Last.
I really get where you are coming from, W10 is nothing more than a money making machine, it want's to know everything.
That's why I go W10 PRO, at least with that you can disable a lot of the spy features.
What really annoys me though is the total disregard for your settings on a major update, they are all returned to the default which don't work on this laptop.
Laptop is now working well, printer is now working, I couldn't find this laptop on my home hub yesterday and couldn't get the printer to work. Got pi$$ed off with it last night and left it.
Sorted it this morning, found it was connected to someone else's network!!! no wonder I couldn't find it. All works now though. I'm wondering if it is connecting to SIL's network as it is a secured connection but it is a hell of a distance away. At least 4 large bungalows away. Hers is on Optic Fibre TTP, and is unlimited, I ought to try a Steam download of a couple of GB and see how fast it is!!!
Only thing I can think that's happened.

I'm Last!

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,404 Posts
Wife made chicken stew for tea..already feel hungry and nibbling at bits and bobs..was a bit of stew left over so will polish that off later so the pan can be washed..that's my excuse and sticking to it..

Last

129661 - 129680 of 129984 Posts