Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like new matey!

Nice work :)
Cheers Bob!:)

Not looking too bad for a 9 year old car!

As I said, it's got a bit of rust and the odd scratch and ding here and there (what 9 year old car hasn't though!?)

Apologies again for not being on the site for quite a while now - been busy getting fit at a local gym!:)

Gone from just over 15 stone & 40" waist to 12.4 Stone & 32" waist in 5 months!!! - Never felt better! Nearly in as good condition as my clio!!!:rofl:

Not much done to the Clio as of late - I am thinking about a nice set of side skirts and putting a Laguna front splitter on it (IF I can find a good tidy one locally!)

Went to the French Car Show with other Members of ClubClio and loved every minute of it! I shudder to think how much some people had spent on their cars on mods!!!

Did anyone on the site go to FCS 2008????

A lovely sunny day - shame about the strong wind though!!!

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Never been a fan of green cars but...that is truly awesome looking. I've never seen an old clio look so clean!! that must have taken hours? Nice work though. nice mods too:d
stef

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Nice work Beano - all that work would also help shed a few pounds:d

I also suggest when posting pics of your car you hide the Reg., plate - it reduces the risk of cloning:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice work Beano - all that work would also help shed a few pounds:d

I also suggest when posting pics of your car you hide the Reg., plate - it reduces the risk of cloning:)
Thanks for the kind comments - it took me about 2 1/2 hours in total (including washing & drying it before using the 3 stage kit and finishing off with a trim detailer - probably only half an hour more than I usually do!:)

It got me a bit sweaty I have to admit - but nothing to going to one of my 2 hour gym sessions!!! The only pounds I "lost" were to the car shop I purchased the cleaning kit from!!!:d

Good idea about the number plate - just made the alterations to the pic & have contacted Admin to see if they will change the pics for me if I send them the altered images!

Thanks again - your comments are kindly appreciated!:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
As advised, Pics have been edited (to remove Number Plate)

Many thanks to "selwonk" for a great job in editing (will remember to do it next time!!!) :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Managed to obtain a "Stealth Mod" for the Clio!!!

My Clio's bonnet has started to look a bit rough (can't see from the latest pictures though!) - it has a few deeper scratches, an annoying shallow dent and a rust patch forming near the drivers side headlight.

Had a quote for a repair & respray for £100 - which I thought was very reasonable.

I decided to have a quick look around the local breakers yards in the area just in case I was lucky enough to find another green one!

No green ones, but I did come across the ONLY intact Mk2 Ph1 bonnet in one breakers yard - just so happened to be on a Mk2 Ph1 172!!! - An Aluminium one rather than the heavy steel ones!!! Bought it for £50 (I don't think they realised what car it came from to be honest - otherwise I think they would have wanted much more for it! - I've been told that they're worth at least £200 2nd hand if dent free (which this one is) - only drawback is that's it's silver, so I'm having to have both sides done for £140 - but for that, the spray shop will also paint me a Dynamique/Sports spoiler for me (to replace the dodgy one I have on there at the moment!)

Not exactly a "performance mod" - but the front end will be a little lighter!!! Got a little respect from fellow ClubClio members for it anyway!!!:)

Once the new bonnet is fitted, My main renault Dealer has agreed to give my Clio another free Bonnet Safety Check to make sure the bonnet is ok.:)

I wouldn't want that to flip up while driving - it would flip up a damn sight quicker than the steel ones (you can lift the bonnet up with one finger!!!)

P

·
0 Posts
Not exactly a "performance mod" - but the front end will be a little lighter!!! Got a little respect from fellow ClubClio members for it anyway!!!:)
Actually Beano, the best way to gain performance from any car is to shed weight :) Nice find

·
Registered
38 Posts
Surprised people have looked at my Ol' Clio while I've been away!
Still have the very same Clio and done a few cosmetic mods & lowered it slightly but still looks tidy for 16 year old Clio (was 9 years old when these original pics were posted!) where has the time gone?

New Pictures in due course......

21 - 35 of 35 Posts