Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
If one is fitted, look under the bonnet, it will be fixed on the scuttle panel, left hand side as you look from the front, a 12 pin rectangular block , above the brake master cylinder reservoir, you will need the old style obd connector to communicate/fit it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If one is fitted, look under the bonnet, it will be fixed on the scuttle panel, left hand side as you look from the front, a 12 pin rectangular block , above the brake master cylinder reservoir, you will need the old style obd connector to communicate/fit it
do you know were i can get one please
thx s

·
37,703 Posts
If you look on tbay you will find it , why do you need to diagnose it, the reason I'm asking don't think you have an ecu as such, this socket is for air bag or immobiliser fault reading on the diesel cars, not got any info my end that shows it diagnosable for engine faults,

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
you need a CAN-CLIP clone off ebay and a old laptop to setup with the software. (theres a lot of farting about with the setup of the laptop so its impracticle to use your main computer due to whats installed)

only thing you will probably see with ECU diagnostic is what the vacuumn sensors, engine temps, timing and glow plugs are upto.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look on tbay you will find it , why do you need to diagnose it, the reason I'm asking don't think you have an ecu as such, this socket is for air bag or immobiliser fault reading on the diesel cars, not got any info my end that shows it diagnosable for engine faults,

you got it it is air bag have unplug from under seat and left it for days and then plug it back in still on
thx s

·
37,703 Posts
If its got a passenger side air bag it is self diagnosable
Switch ignition on , dont start the car,.
Post on here the flash codes off the dash, one two or three, sit in the car and count them should occur every 5 seconds long flashes or short flashes,
Have you tried disconnecting the battery to see if this clears the code,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its got a passenger side air bag it is self diagnosable
Switch ignition on , dont start the car,.
Post on here the flash codes off the dash, one two or three, sit in the car and count them should occur every 5 seconds long flashes or short flashes,
Have you tried disconnecting the battery to see if this clears the code,
just drivers air bag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts