Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be getting one once i find one at a good price so thought i would start a thread on it inc doing the live updates so far looking into them it could be a very handy tool but we shall see and all the renault fans it reckons it works on renault we shall see lots of youtube vids on different cars this is just a out of the box video

so when i get one i will update the thread
if its any good then my can clip will go up for sale as i will have no need for it
Ron

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Keep me updated ...That would be good for me due us owning different marques of cars ...will it do same as icarsoft ??

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at the moment trying to get one around the £100 plus i get a 15% discount (tight git) as to what it can and cant do anyones guess but if it does what it says on the tin i will be more than happy
at the moment its a bit confusing as there are many different versions evan some of the adds for the LAUNCH X431 Creader VIII CRP129 say eu vauxhall/citroen/renault are not covered and others say they are evan the videos say they are
but i can test on a x type jag/citroen c1/honda hrv/mini2006/corsa D /meriva 2006/evan the mgf and a friends renault clio 2003
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have asked one of the sellers if i can buy one at a decent price (dont want it for nothing ) save me keep bidding over the next x mths
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have asked one of the sellers if i can buy one at a decent price (dont want it for nothing ) save me keep bidding over the next x mths
Ron
no reply from them in part but have won one at just over half price :grin2:so mid next week testing will begin lets see what this can and cant do

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
no reply from them in part but have won one at just over half price :grin2:so mid next week testing will begin lets see what this can and cant do
Sounds good, lets hope it's not a Chinese Copy >:)
(Yes I have read the review)

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not expecting anything fantastic but if it does everything i need it to do will be well happy as i was looking at getting a electronic hand brake gismo and a abs /airbag gismo so if this will do that and more i will be over the moon and saved me much more in cash
so after my testing anyone near/in northants that wants there fault codes read and can add to the list of cars/models it can and cant do are more than welcome
Ron

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
If it does the same as the icarsoft I may invest in one

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok got it i got the creader pro not the viii model
first thing is goto the website down load a small program activate the tool and down load all the updates all that is done so this is a genuine tool
one thing i will do is back up the micro sd card
the Citroen c1 i have is a bit of a pain with other tools i have but not with this goto citroen and all the models come up goto c1 it will do most diagnostics but as i have no fault codes cant say a 100% will do them all it checked the airbag system for me
so when i get back from walking the dog i will plug it into the honda hrv
looked into the renault section 50 models covered inc vans
so its looking good unless there is a twist around the corner
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the honda hrv
no list in the menu for honda maybe needs a bigger memory for that list :grin2:
any way it asked if a petrol or diesel then man/auto then had engine management srs and anti lock brakes no faults apart from the battery but i know its old and a bit worn out oh one thing i have come across on both if its an auto it will read the auto ecu but what it will do is anybodies guess i may find that out on the jag
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one thing i do need if anyone wants to know if they have any faults are renaults to plug it into so any members in northants want a reading for free
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
twingo11 and phase 2
wind
modus
captor
clio 2 inc ph2/3/4
clio11 inc ph6
thalia/symbl
meg/scenic
meg2
scenic2
meg/scenic3
laguna upto v3
vel satis inc ph2
avantime
espace inc upto 1v in ph2
kangoo /mux/2 and ze stop start
traffic 2 and ph2
master and ph2/ph3/rwd ph3
logan
logan 2
duster
lodgy
dokker
new sm3/fluance/meg
latitude/sm5
koleos
twizy
zoe
hope that helps

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kia has a long list just ask
vauxhall has no list just comes up with diagnostics
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
worked fine and cleared a fault on a rover 400 mg 2002 evan though its not on the list just let it search for the computers what it can and cant do i did not have time to look into
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mini cooper 56 plate
cleared the airbags with no problem came up with a list and showed it as being the drivers seat seems a normal problem with them
while i was at it it came up with no faults but said it had a generic fault code xxxx on the lamber sensor so i went into the sensors page a list of test came up i ran them all all passed so a handy thing telling me the fault was a generic code
while i was at it i looked into the list for electronic steering /electronic hand brake and auto transmission the list was longer than the main program evan had Rolls Royce :surprise:
weather it can do all on the list will be interesting its looking more and more as though my can clip will be up for sale very soon
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
been a bit busy but before the jag went into insurance mode i did plug in the crp129
it read the gearbox and said it had no faults also the ecu /airbags and more but as it had no faults thats as far as i could go if i get a chance i will plug it into the daughters 2010 corsa and see what results i get
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you have a Citroen c1 or a peugeot 107 go into one or the others listing it does just about basic stuff but go into toyota and the c1 /107 is way more usable click on just about any item you want to watch or record live readings manual or auto
what the limit is i dont know as again no faults to investigate
Ron

·
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
meriva 2010 1.8
go into opel if you go into gm it comes up with all the American cars
so into opel a very large list comes up go into meriva unless you have a meriva A model, then another list engine size and model
then you have auto or manual scan, first i went into manual it failed to connect so i went into auto it scanned everything including air bags and more i then looked for faults only engine faults came up which i was having problems with
in all it seems very good on vauxhall it did keep coming up with a tdc sensor problem and will be replacing that just to see if it is at fault or if its a glitch in the diagnostic tool
but the fault that helped the most was an air fuel mixture problem checked all the pipe work again as i had had the head off and i missed a connection at the back of the carb a 10mm pipe not connected once connected all the problems went away :toast:
Ron

1 - 20 of 48 Posts