Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, some of you may remember me, we have a laguna that we brought last year and the servie wasnt due, but the cam belt snapped 6 days later and we damaged all our valves, anyway I have had a baby, winter has gone by, we did bits by bit.

Now today was D-day, we had finished putting everything back together, and hey presto the car started.

ONE PROBLEM----I think it is a sensor or something simple, but need any of your advice.

Car starts runs but you have to keep your foot on the throttle, if you take off it wont idle and dies.....

Now were mere amatuers and may have not done something right or maybe even forgot to put something back, but I think we have done well, as all we had was a haynes manual and we never used any of the tools specified.....:)

So then any ideas, we need to get the car booked in for it MOT soonish, am keen to get rid and buy something not french.
I had similar issues with my scenic and my megane CC
just not where you have no idle;

enlighten me anyone, as I am a mere women :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for that, yes i had that as 1 possible problem ...where do we locate n fix ?? found a few things on the internet, but not familar with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hi all right we took out the throttle body and cleaned it, put back in and hey presto we now have an idle. without stalling on removal of the gas, however it is set to high and when u drive it is getting stuck at say 3000 and not coming straight down on pressing the clutch in and removing gas, then it seems to stay at say 1850 and is behaving irratically........

on the throotle body? should the butterfly be partly open or fully shut as mine is staying slightly open by two or three mm when the spring pulls it shut.??

Im thinking it is this causing the issues and needs replacing, if so anyone have any ideas how much?

On my v6 vectra the butterfly was fully shut so not sure about this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts