Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I could do with knowing what the drainage system on the lag2 is ( layout, known problems and cures ) as water is coming in through an airline crack in the sunroof seal, it seems to go down the drainage holes but whatever happens next is anyones guess... im guessing that something is wrong once it enters the pillar area cos I have water running into the footwell and its wet/damp in the fusebox area and is even slightly rusty... water must be shorting something cos the damn thing will not start and is now stuck outside my kids school until rain stops and the car dries out!!!!:steam:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?????, help... my car is parked a mile away from my house and is slowly filling with water, I need some info or remedies on drainage:confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, i'm still not much wiser really, water seems to be draining from behind the 2 front wheels fine so now im really confused as to where its coming from

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been down to try it and its still dead, its definitly a short of some kind as the headlamp inicator is lit up even though the lights not on... the water level is rising and im powerless to do anything to stop it as its still pouring it down, i did notice that the drivers side pillar is wet so that confirms its the drain hole I guess.... I hope this water problem has not blown anything!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MMMM something strange here, i'm replying to my own tread lol, right then i'v managed to get to the exit points of the drain behind the wheel arch and took off the rubber caps.. surprise surprise quite a bit of water was being trapped in by this, and it was full of mud behind there, I also managed to find the drain holes under the winscreen wipers casing and these seemed to be blocked also... now the fuse box, this is quite wet and seems to be the problem behind the dodgy electrics... tried getting in out but just couldnt.... Is this just a fusebox or does it double up as the main computer???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts