Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have a 97 clio panache. I recently had the problem with water leaking through into the light fitting and immobiliser. I had to dry it out before i could start my car again :( The leak is not coming from the aerial as i have sealed this up, it is definatly coming from the sunroof.

I didnt realise this was a common fault until i have read through everybody elses comments!! I am glad I am not alone.

I am goin to give the rubber seal a really good clean incase it is the drains that are block but is there anyway i can buy another seal and replace the old one? I have been told that you cannot do this and have to replace the whole thing which would cost between £300 - £500 :mad:

Please could someone help!!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Sonny,

In all probability it will be the drain tubes which run I think in side the car to the exterior.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sonny. There are a couple of how to's in the Clio FAQ re sunroofs. You may find, I'm pretty sure, that the 97 will not have drain holes. I believe the inner seal is available seperatly but not sure how much. Have a good read of the FAQ's 1st as I have had plenty of issues with mine and took a long hard look at it. It has been OK in the rain over the last few days and it's been faitly heavy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info about the drain holes, saves me time looking for something that isnt there!! I'm gonna read thro FAQ for more help but I am certain that it is the rubber seal that is causing the problem, as i can see daylight through the gap!! why cant I just buy a new seal? I keep getting told I have to replace the whole sunroof which I simply cannot afford to do ;o(

Thanks anyway, hope I get it sorted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aha, good idea, I will try that aswell, just hoping for a sunny day so I can have a good luck at him (my car is called Eric!!)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leaking roof

Hi all - I drive a Renalut clip 1.4 diesel, however the roof just beside the sun viser at the drivers side has starte to leak - also the passanger side has leaked before - does anyone know what the problem might be???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts