Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently purchased a Clio - Dynamique 1.6, 52 plate. It has an electric sunroof. The sunroof leaked above the sun visors on both the driver's and passengers side. I took it back to the garage and they unblocked the drain pipes. The problem still exists. I took it back a second time and thought it was fixed, but it still leaks above the driver's side. I have tried pooring water directly down the drain holes and it runs clear both sides but for some annoying reason still leaks on the driver's side (anyone have any miraculous ideas? - they would be most welome :d

Also, to add insult to injury there is now alot of oil leaking from the front of the car and a bit further down on both sides (making annoying stain on my tarmac). It's not just a few drops but must be 20 or more large drops:crazy:

Thanks. Marie

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hello and welcome Marie :)

Water ingress from upon high like that can only be either sunroof, radio aerial mount or windscreen! Have you checked to see if the rear sun roof drain holes are clear [if it has them]? Also, check the aerial mount to see there isn't any water getting in around the base. I know these caused problems for some people when mounted on the front of the roof but don't discount it being the rear if that's where your aerial is mounted! Lastly, try pouring water over the top of the windscreen to see if there is any getting in that way!

Regarding the oil leak, I'm not quite sure where about in the engine bay you are referring to? Any chance of a picture/s of the culprit area?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The car is in the local garage at the moment, hopefully we should get it back tomorrow - this will be the third time it's been in for the leaky sunroof so I'm not holding my breath! I will definitely try pouring water over the windowscreen if it does still leak.

As for the oil leak, well I've asked them to check that as well. If these problems still persist I think it'll be time to get rid and p/exchange it for a newer one (more expensive which I didn't want to have).

Thanks again for your reply..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts