Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
New to the forum having just got myself a Megane CC (Dynamique) and would love to install a leather interior - seats/cards etc.....
Could someone please direct me to a list of suitable models whose interiors could be transplanted?:confused:
Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Full leather interior was optional on both the Dynamique and the Privilege.

On the Dynamique it came in black, for the Privilege it came in cream/beige. Just a case of finding one in a breakers yard!
they also came in red its dam hard to find a leather interior for a cc and as far as i know only the cc type fits the cc type so its limited to finding 1 for sale or as said in a breakers yard or ebay i have only seen 1 in 8 months on ebay that was £500 and it sold in the blink of a eye as i wouldnt mind a leather for my cc there used to be a web site called find a part you could try on there if its still up and running

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
hi check out this linky to fleabay, dunno if its the correct model but it has full leather interior (not sure if its still available, but worth a try, as it pretty much looks intact except for airbags)

best of luck:d

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
The front seats from a 3-door Hatch should fit. The rest will be CC specific.
im not to sure on that tbh i think the meg cc int space from the floor to the roof will be less as its a coupe, i was looking at poss getting sport seats and just getting the rear and door trims ect done to match but it wouldnt have been cheap lol also with the leather int of the ccs being hard to come by its down to supply and demand that the prices stay hi for a second hand set, i sent that seller a email about the int they say its for sale i just cant afford it just now as i have a wedding etc to go to here is the phone number they gave me to phone and who to ask for hope this helps you mate,

Thank you for your email. Yes we are selling the interior if you could call us on 01322 341422 and ask for Mike.

Regards
Shirley

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Top work HOOCHY!
I am in contact - trying to ascertain whether they can give me all the cream trimmings included in the price. They have offered it for £295 + £40 p&p. Sounds reasonable don't you think?
Can steering wheels have the airbag replaced by the way?

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
yes you can get new steering wheel airbag modules, im not sure about the price, but its about £150 (dealer price)or so for laguna2's
you might be able to get away with a secondhand unit off another model to get by with.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Top work HOOCHY!
I am in contact - trying to ascertain whether they can give me all the cream trimmings included in the price. They have offered it for £295 + £40 p&p. Sounds reasonable don't you think?
Can steering wheels have the airbag replaced by the way?
yes i was going to say you will need a new squib ie airbag if your going to take the steering wheel and £295 is a very good price as there hard to come by if you have the cash bite his hand off at that price

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have gone for it. Don't have the cash but Mr Barclaycard does!! Couldn't resist! Should be here on Friday form eBay seller. Will try to get photos up later. Thanks for the input everyone.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Hi guys, sounds like you have it covered but how about Hoochy and Surfscoots getting some piccies up in the Megane CC group?
lol i dont know how to post them up in the cc group mate if you tell/explain it i will post some

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Have gone for it. Don't have the cash but Mr Barclaycard does!! Couldn't resist! Should be here on Friday form eBay seller. Will try to get photos up later. Thanks for the input everyone.
how did you get on mate did you get them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The front seats are in and made a start with glovebox, under steering wheel trim and sills etc..
Patience is the key grasshopper!
It's like a grown up jigsaw - trying to work out where all the screws and attachment points are!
Enjoying it so far.:d

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Its also important to consider the order you remove & fit items, so you aren't having to backtrack.

Glad its all working out for you.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wise words Paul!!!
Already had a few backtracks but nothing too infuriating yet.
Any advice on starting points for door cards and back seats would be much appreciated......
I've got the centre console, glovebox and under the steering wheel in now.
All the best.
Lloyd

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
The best advice I can give regarding those would be to carefully examine the underside of each part, as they will indicate where & what type of fitting is involved - the mounting points will be interchangeable (one thing less to worry about), and if you are careful how the old interior is removed, you can re-sell that one, and get some money back.

HTH

Paul

Reactions: harris
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.