Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all what a great site. I was wondering if anyone can help i have a laguna executive (1999) i would like to fit the electric seats from the monaco or v6. I have had a good look around and the is a big black plug full of unused wires under the drivers seat but non on the pasanger side the car has the fuse fitted in the fuse box for memory seats and heated. Also their is a light in the instrument cluster for heated seats. So is it possible as there's no plug on the pasenger seat hope you lot can help

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I would suggest looking at the donor car's wiring under the seat/carpet to see what differences there are. It may well be that the passenger seat wires into the same feed as the driver's, but you need to be sure about that before going ahead.

You really don't want to open a pandora's box if you can avoid it.

Paul:)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there, this is a pic of the gubbins under my drivers seat and it looks like the passenger seat is all connected to this.
The nice chunky black cable marked with the orange almost straight arrow looks like the main feed,
Regards Leroy

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello to you all thanks for the replys. Thanks for the photo leroy have taken two of the plugs under my seat they seem to be simalar. What do you lot think is it a case of just pluging them in?? Also is your seats heated leroy ??

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again, I don't have the heated seat option unfortunately but like you have the warning light in the instrument cluster but this is standard as electric/heated seats were an expensive optional extra, I'm not too sure about the wiring in your pics as there seems to be quite a bit more on mine, I think we need the eagle eyed Laggy to have a look.
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello again looking at your photo leroy there is more wires but looking at the main black loom coming from the floor they seem to look simalar also the the three small plugs are the same. So is the extra wiring to do with the seat and the loom going to the passanger seat ???

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again, if it stops persisting down I'll have a good look at the wiring to the passenger side and post another pic,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey im quite interested in how this goes, as i have a nice set of electric leather seats in a monaco that has been wrecked and would love to fit them to my RXE! I also have a v6 executive with the same seats and the wiring does look different to me but i will have a closer look..... here's hoping!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello there thanks for the replys hope see the pics soon. Do we know were the heated seat switch would be at the back of the base of the seat as pic ? As there seem to be a blank for something there. Would it be a hard job to find heated electric seats ? which modle would be best to find.

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again, I've taken a pic of the wiring under the passenger seat but I got lumbered with some decorating so I haven't had chance to figure out which is which yet. the second pic is of the actual seat controls and you should spot a small blanking plate marked by the arrow, this is where the switch for the heated seat on/off goes.
Regards Leroy

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hiya fijje, your first pic is of the up and down and backwards and forewards controls, in the second pic the square button is the heated seat switch, on most cars only the drivers side has this,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cherrs leroy i see thta would explain it. Is there any new thoughts on the wiring to the passanger side. Just an odd ball thought would be alot of hassale just to change the the frame to electric and use my lether outer as i know of someone selling just the bare electric frame dirt cheep and they all work but an not sure if he has the loom from the driver seat to the passanger also there seems to be a 2 box under the the center armrest as well see pic. that with the seats frames ???

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, i have been watching this thread closely! I have been thinking of changing my rxe standard seats to electric leather! I took the drivers seat out of an old rxe i had and found below the seat a plastic cover and below this all the wires that i think are needed for the electric motors, i compared the ends to my own laguna v6 which has electric seats and i would say all the necessary wiring is already in place. if anyone has any thoughts let us know but i am going to get the leather seats now and give it a go!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hello normanv6 thanks for the info. I to seem to have the same box as your photo and yes their is wiring going in to it will have a better look tomorrow could be the answer i have been looking for:d . One thing though how do you get on for the passanger side as i can not find anything how does it look in your car for the passanger seat ?????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey was looking under the rxe seat and as far as i can see it has the box in below it as well with the wiring for the electric seats! will have to investigage further! will keep ya posted as to how i get on! im keen to get leather in my car!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello to all had a look under my seat in the box this is what i found (see pic) seams to be diffrent than yours normanv6 ??? Is my wiring from an early one then as i know some one sell some early electric frames from an early laguna diffrent lumber ajustment(see pic) And part of the lot is the same box as i have conneted up just with no cover so am not sure ?? Also i looked under the passanger seat and no extra box just a big bit of foam and the three wires going to the seat no extra looms. Am thinking that their must be a add in loom if my car was speced for electric seats so am not sure if i can fit them. i rang some breaker and they said the just remove the seats they don't take the looms out so i think i would be hard to get this loom if this is what i required ???

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello to you all think i have worked some of it out. The drivers side i think i workout were all the plugs go from the photos. Leroy the pic yous showed first is that a box simalar to the one in the photos below ?? I have stripped my car apart the only loom i have to do with the electric seats is under the driver seat nothing on the passanger side. Can anyone tell me were the loom for the passanger side come from?? Is it a bridge loom from the drivers side maybe from the big black box as i think all my plugs fit somewhere hope you lot can help so i know what loom to find so i can fit the seats.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts