Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, just looking for some help please!

I have a 64 plate Mégane, and in this heat I want to leave my windows open when I'm at work. I'm a carer and am constantly in and out of my car and it's so unbearably hot that I just want to leave my windows open a crack to get some air in. If I deadlock it, it shuts the windows, but if I press the lock once or walk away and it locks itself, it sets my alarm off after a few minutes.

Is there anyway to get around this at all???

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,793 Posts
Sorry, don't know the alarm but it might be a motion detector that senses movement outside the window. Could even be air movement. Check your manual, there might be a way to disable part of the alarm temporarily. Believe me, it's much hotter where I live and I find that reflective windshield sun shades are really helpful. Just something as simple as this
Vintoney Car Windshield Sunshade - Blocks UV Rays Sun Visor Protector, Front Window Sunshades, Foldable Car Sunshade Windscreen for SUV Truck to Keep Vehicle Cooler, Easy To Use (160 * 83CM): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
I am sure you can find something simpler and even cheaper.

Maybe then, open the front windows only 1-2 inches and the alarm shouldn't go off.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,495 Posts
Hi floss2485 and Welcome:)
It could be that with the windows open the internal sensors are hearing noises and interpreting it as intrusion. Most cars have a way to deactivate the internal sensors. Check your owners
manual.

Snap! :)

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,793 Posts
Just yesterday I walked past a parked car with an open window and the alarm went off. Then people look at you as though you have done something.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,495 Posts
You probably had maybe just not right there and then :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wind deflectors might help?
I have a megane mkiii coupe and have a set.

Couldnt guarantee they will stop the alarm going off mind, or do much in this weather, but theyre pretty much designed for this purpose, having the windows open slightly yet not allowing wind/rain/someones hands in.

If you do try them, go the Climair route. Yeah theyre not cheap exactly but I tried the cheaper Team Heko ones and they were just awful.

If your megane is a mkiii like mine, the climair ones simply slot in place, takes two seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts