Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Not sure if anyone can help with this obscure question, but I had great success with a limp home mode problem on here so I'll give it a go.
I have a french registered Clio 5 door 16V 2001 here in france and bought some headlight adaptors to take the car to UK this christmas. As bad luck would have it there are 2 completely different diagrams for fitting them for cars 99/01 and 01/05, the new model came out in June. Mine was first registered in July. Any idea how I can find out which model I have?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,057 Posts
What sort of adapters are they?
Black stick on labels?

On the age.... find headlight images pre and after the date.... which do yours match.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dancingdad, of course, I should have thought of that. Hopefully they'll be noticeably different from the outside. The adaptors are the eurolite transparent ones.
Cheers

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure it's the older model. I bought a uk haynes to work on the electrics. It was for models up to May 2001 and the engine didn't match mine. Maybe that's not an indicator. Have yet to check photos of the headlights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ours2012,
I think you helped me with my limp mode problem before. Here's the oval plate. I should say I have compared my headlights to the ones on the front of the older model haynes manual and they are very different. Unless I hear otherwise I'll assume my car is the newer model.
Cheers IMG_20190825_101509.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts