Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Could be the wheel or hub is out of alignment - ideally you'll need a four wheel alignment check.

Is it possible the rear end got a knock at some time?

I take it have done the usual checks for worn wheel bearing, tyre pressures, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your advise. The bearings and the tyre pressure are fine. Maybe a knock on the wheel at some stage or hub might be the issue, also to redo a four wheel alignment which was done not so long ago:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is more on the inside, but i have also noticed that there is part of the circumference of the tyre which is worn inside and outside more than the rest of the tyre.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your advise. The bearings and the tyre pressure are fine. Maybe a knock on the wheel at some stage or hub might be the issue, also to redo a four wheel alignment which was done not so long ago:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
The front tyres are wearing faster than the right rear and the lh rear is worse than the front ?.
Are the wear rates even over the whole surface of all the tyres?
The possibilities mentioned above are much more likely,but there was a poster sometime back whose tyre valve wasnt reading the correct pressure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front tyres are wearing faster than the right rear and the lh rear is worse than the front ?.
Are the wear rates even over the whole surface of all the tyres?
The possibilities mentioned above are much more likely,but there was a poster sometime back whose tyre valve wasnt reading the correct pressure.
The car also does not hold nicely as i would expect, for example my wife's Palio1.2 2003 Model holds much better than the Megane i have.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,705 Posts
If the outer edges are wearing faster than the centre it could indicate under inflation.....could the tyre valve be leaking or a poor tyre bead on the rim?

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
I'm in agreement with Renoir White as that type of wear is usually down to the tyre being under inflated so if your tyre pressure reads correct then it must be a faulty valve and it will affect the cars stability as the tyre isn't gripping as it should ..

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
i agree too make sure the tyre is correctly inflated also check from the back of the car from a bit of distance that the toe in (angle of each rear tyre) is the same...just an idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts