Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any links to removal of the window and how to get it all out as I want to replace one of the snapped cables
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am going to assume it's one of the front windows.
The front windows uses cables but the back windows uses a screw type mechanism (something that looks like a spring inside a plastic channel).
It has been my experience that when you activate your window and all you hear is the motor and cable moving and nothing else it is usually the plastic guide to which the cable is attached that has snapped.
I do not recommend attempting to glue it, it will be talking a fair amount of torque. Instead there are repair kits sold on eBay for both front and back windows. I my case, It took me buying one repair kit and one mechanism (without motor) before realizing the problem was actually the motor, ended up springing for a mechanism with motor.
Things you will need to take out the mechanism: Torx and socket set, patience a pry tool, patience, plenty of time and I forgot to mention patience.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Unless the door card has been off previously you'll find it has been glued to the door frame. Run a sharp knife around and it should come off. Some of the clips might break too. From memory it's held in place by two or three 10mm bolts and you have to get the window part way down to unclipped the glass from the regulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts