Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05' Grand Scenic that i've just taken over to Germay and therefore am required to fit LHD headlights. I have been offered a set of lights that are suitable for the the Jul 06 onwards model. The lights would fit the car but the internals are different. So what i'm asking is: Would these later version headlights be compatible with my car or do I need to get lights specific to the my age of car?
Many thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not sure it's worth doing anything. I have taken two Laguna's over to the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland a number of times over the years. Without doing anything to the headlights and no body has said anything. The last time was Christmas and I used the headlights on almost every journey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in exactly the same position! Just went and bought a lhd headlight off ebay to find it was the 06 plate when my car was an 05 plate :eek: . I have not tried fitting it yet so don't know. About to go and find out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
right the connections look pretty much the same. Wires connect to headlight through a connector near the bottom, should just be a unplug from old into new! But not tried it yet. All the bulbs seem to be in the same order including the motor to adjust the height of your beam. I can't see why they would change the layout of the wires, it just looks like they have changed the look of the headlight. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I took my Toyoya RAV4 to Spain and had to buy LHD headlights. I bought some pattern ones from ebay Germany at half the price anyone wanted for them in the UK, and also a lot cheaper (€180 compared to €450!) some of the people who pop up when you have a Google for LHD headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apologies for the late reply, but I only managed to get around to fitting the lights a week ago, between receiving broken headlights, a dead battery and having a faulty dash it's not been fun.
anyway due to the broken headlight being from an 06 plate I decided to just order an 05 headlight. However before I sent it back I compared the backside of the two headlamps. Both are exactly the same so fitting them should be no problem. I think that all they did was make them look prettier.
anyway the whole process was simple enough, remove the bumper, 3 screws under the car(don't need a jack)
2 screws and a clip under each wheelarch, behind the wheel arch cover remove the bolt that connects the bumper to the wing. 3 screws on top under the bonnet and you can then remove the headlights. Unbolt the headlights and and connections and put the new ones on.
Remember you also need to do the fog light if you only have one on the right. Many people said buy a spare lamp but they look awful. So I removed the boot lining and cut the purple cable, extended this to reach the other side of the car. I then cut the rest of the cables as the connectors to the cluster are different on each side and wired them back up. pretty easy.

I then went to dekra, who signed it off, went to the car registration office(the one I went to you need an appointment.) buy number plates(you can specify the one you want) then fit the plates and pay the registration fee of 75euros.

Went to

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the update. Sounds like 06 lights are an option but I'll try to source 03-05 lights myself 1st.
Picked up on the rear fog too, thought it was very strange considering the holder exists in both locations.
Thanks again
James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts