Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these new type bulbs?, in particular the orange indicator ones that are half silvered.
Its apparently to make the bulb look invisible in the modern clear lenses until it is lit, then the silvered element acts as a reflector, in addition to the reflector in the housing.

Question, are these legal? and if a car is fitted with them would it pass its MOT ?........ Its just that its always been one of the few points of my Espace that I've disliked, the headlights have these awful orange blobs .... Oh such vanity :eek:

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
As far as I'm aware, for indicators/repeaters, as long as the light displayed is orange, then it will pass.

I had them in my last car and there was no problem at MOT time.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Have to agree, if they have the (CE) conformitie europe stamp on the packet, they are homologated for use on european roads.

I'm sure that if they don't have this approval, they have to be described as 'for off-road use only' or 'for show use only' (or similar).

You may have seen such terms used when oddly fonted number plates are offered for sale.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
As Long as the bulb flashes Orange then I would certainly pass it..

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone, Webcode, Lagdti, vicfisher and Velsatisfied ..... I just need to find the bulbs at a reasonable price now and the orange blobs will be no-more.:)

Lagdti .. I take it your PC is back to rude health ... please dont say you bought one of those ASUS Ferarri motherboards:p

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'm borrowing a lap top at the moment!.My PC is dead......:(

Appartently dog wee is not good for complex electronics!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
764 Posts

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9