Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Really need help on this one,
My Laguna 1.8 16v 2001 Dymanique is continualy going in to limp home mode. When engine is cold it runs ok till it gets up to running temp then a warning light comes on and it goes in to limp home.
I've tried new Coils & plugs and had the RAC look at it they said Accelerator sensor was faulty thats now been replaced and the fault continues.
Local Dealer can't find any fault as no codes are being stored when this occurs.

PLEASE help!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
limp mode fix

Welcome to the world of conflicting and differing diagnosis coming from renault dealers.My problem is similar in nature( limp mode) and the solutions suggested from independent and renault dealer include throttle body replacement, injection ecu replacement and pedal replacement.

After reading many posts on this forum
of all of the above parts replaced and still no luck i have been coping for about 2 months with the problem occuring within 10 minutes of every journey untill about 3days ago.

What i have been doing is shaking the wire harness of the E.C.U on the side and under the battery and also removing the fuse cover and shaking /tapping the relays.

I have done this on 4 of my last 5 trips with the problem occuring only on the trip i did not do it (third trip).

Can't say it's a sure fix yet , maybe someone will say if there's a problem in that area.

A little reason to smile.

The above reply was sent about 1 week ago to another forum member , since then the problem has completely dissappeared.

Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
laguna II revving

Welcome to the world of conflicting and differing diagnosis coming from renault dealers.My problem is similar in nature( limp mode) and the solutions suggested from independent and renault dealer include throttle body replacement, injection ecu replacement and pedal replacement.

After reading many posts on this forum
of all of the above parts replaced and still no luck i have been coping for about 2 months with the problem occuring within 10 minutes of every journey untill about 3days ago.

What i have been doing is shaking the wire harness of the E.C.U on the side and under the battery and also removing the fuse cover and shaking /tapping the relays.

I have done this on 4 of my last 5 trips with the problem occuring only on the trip i did not do it (third trip).

Can't say it's a sure fix yet , maybe someone will say if there's a problem in that area.

A little reason to smile.

The above reply was sent about 1 week ago to another forum member , since then the problem has completely dissappeared.

Hope this info helps.
Need help . Car cycles quickly between 2000/2200~ rpm when started , rich exhaust ,does not decellerate when brake pedal depressed (not limp mode).No pedal response.May start and run normal for about 2 minutes before problem returns.

Cleaned throttle and electrical connections also on computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts