Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the ground points in the drivers compartment located and how can I get access to them?

I need a good ground connection for a new high current 12V outlet.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,032 Posts
Can't help with specifics but in the past when faced with similar, I've taken the easy route and drilled a new hole in good metal for an earth point. Clean any paint off, use a star washer to dig in well.
If you don't want to drill a hole, find a local bolt and check for continuity back to neg terminal. And use that.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Main interior earths should be behind the side kick trims in both front footwells.

If you add another earth ring to the same point, make sure the bolt is tight or you'll have problems on other circuits.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
When 1 is checking out a ground circuit to do it properly 1 has to use a ohms reading (very critical) check. Continuity checks on car wiring does not mean anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Locating of Ground points Megane 1 Ph2. Solved

Main interior earths should be behind the side kick trims in both front footwells.

If you add another earth ring to the same point, make sure the bolt is tight or you'll have problems on other circuits.
Found! In the RH side the bolt was found in less than 1 minute. No tools required!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts