Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Scenic Monaco . It didnt come with a handbook/manual so Im still finding out what features there are .
Occasionally I drive through unsavoury areas and need to lock myself in-especially at traffic lights etc- which has been possible on every other car I've owned. But I cannot see how its possible in this car.

Does anyone know how ?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam sure one of the scenic owners will help you soon,on my espace there is a button that you press that activates the the central locking,it has a door window symbol on it and if your does not it might be that your opening handle if pressed it then locks all other doors as well iam not that sure to be honest i hope this helps Donald.

Then again it might not have this feature????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Donald for your reply. There are a couple of buttons on the console that look as if they might work but so far I havent found out how to engage them.There are two together which have black/white arrows and another separate one with a black/white arrow and an X .
I have tried them all separately and in combination but still the doors open. My neighbours must think Im daft -sitting in the car on the drive and opening the doors every couple of minutes but never getting out...

There are no buttons at all on the doors/handles-apart from window controls -and no front door central locking buttons either.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
to the right of the rafdio there should be 2 buttons. 1 a hazard switch and 1 a central door locking button

·
Registered
16 Posts
As an addition to the above post, if you press and hold the locking button under the hazard switch you should hear an audible bleep. This activates the R.A.I.D. (Renault Anti Intrusion Device) - if fitted to your model. This automatically locks all the doors when you pull away and travel over 4mph, and is indicated by a red light in the overhead console. You can disable the R.A.I.D by pressing and holding the button again until you hear another audible bleep.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the anwers. I didnt get chance to come back yesterday to say that I tried the button below the hazard warning and Voila!.

I think I did try this one before - must have since its been bugging me since I got the car-but tested to see if it worked by opening the door from inside :crazy:

Thanks again. I will feel much safer in my midnight journeys now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts