Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nowthen All
I forgot to mention in my last post of a weird symbol on the dash display of my Dti 1999 laguna 1
it is in orange in centre of display.
It shows what looks like an estate car with a person with a lolipop stick at the rear tailgate what is it? and what does it indicate.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lolipop symbol

nope tried that with someone sat inside watching
has anyone a handbook that may tell

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lolipop lady symbol

Reckon I may get some response tonight hondo

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Having a very vivid imagination could it be either the petrol filler cap / flap open, or maybe low fuel.

I'd have thought on all Renaults the symbols would be very similar but I've never seen one that looks remotely like your description.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Although a different model I get similar signs when I scroll through the onboard trip computer. They are usually accompanied with figures giving fuel used, miles since last reset, etc, etc,:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lolipop lady symbol

Could be trip as I have scrolled through-- it all seems to work and this symbol is showing with trip mileage on display perhaps I need to push button again.
I will have a twiddle tomorrow then repost.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lolipop lady symbol

As long as it is not a warning signal

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Although a different model I get similar signs when I scroll through the onboard trip computer. They are usually accompanied with figures giving fuel used, miles since last reset, etc, etc,:)
Do you know I've got an onboard trip computer on the Megane & had the same on the Lag 2 but I've never noticed anything that resembles a lollipop lady symbol. :confused:
Nevertheless I'll take a look when I use the car later on today. :)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Is this it shortcirkit? If it is don't worry about it, I've got one too, :think: or does that mean I be concerned now. ;)...:d

BTW I'm clueless to what message that symbol information is supposed to convey.

·
Administrator
21,596 Posts
Its supposed to symoblise how much fuel youve used (on your picture) or how many miles you have done since the last time you filled up with petrol (and reset the computer).

My Lag 2 had the same thing. It took me a while to work out what it meant.

:)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Its supposed to symoblise how much fuel youve used (on your picture) or how many miles you have done since the last time you filled up with petrol (and reset the computer).

My Lag 2 had the same thing.

:)
I'd have thought the words "Fuel Used" would have done that. :d

TBH I've never noticed the lollipop before today. :)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I think the lollipop is supposed to represent a road sign - i.e. a fixed point which is where you were when you last reset the trip computer. Everything on the trip computer that shows that icon is based on the time, distance and fuel used between the last trip reset and now.

When I had the Laguna I Phase II, it had two separate trip memories (the second could be reset independently of the first, but resetting the first reset them both.) The first trip memory had a big lollipop and the second one had a smaller one.

The Laguna II's trip computer was a seriously backward step if you ask me :(

·
Administrator
21,596 Posts
I think the lollipop is supposed to represent a road sign - i.e. a fixed point which is where you were when you last reset the trip computer. Everything on the trip computer that shows that icon is based on the time, distance and fuel used between the last trip reset and now.

When I had the Laguna I Phase II, it had two separate trip memories (the second could be reset independently of the first, but resetting the first reset them both.) The first trip memory had a big lollipop and the second one had a smaller one.

The Laguna II's trip computer was a seriously backward step if you ask me :(
I was close then. ;) The phase I Lag II had the same two stage trip computer thingy. Came in handy about once. :d

1 - 20 of 29 Posts