Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've been having a few problems (well, my wife has!) with a clio dci II. I'll give you the full story in case any of the irrelevant may actually be relevant!

I bought the car around a month ago, and due to the fact it had no service history, I did a quick oil and air filter change. Immediately after doing that, although maybe a coincidence, it began idling roughly and wouldn't rev up without threatening to die. I went in the house to do a little googling through the forums but to no avail. I went back out, tried it again and it was fine!

It's been fine for a few days, until today when it did the same to my wife...but luckily only half a mile from home. I called a mobile diagnostics guy, and he pulled the following codes.....

P0830, P0089, DF009 (Actuator Relay Control Circuit), DF064 (Vehicle speed signal error), P0700 (transmission fault).

The first code relates to the clutch pedal, and thats sorted. The switch was too far from the pedal. The second relates to the fuel pressure regulator apparently. I only found this out after a bit of googling.

What's more is the car is now fine again!! I really dont want the car breaking down on my wife on the way to or from work, so need to get this sorted.

Any ideas? :confused:

All help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
It may do no harm to change the fuel filter and check the old filter for signs of metal particles.

Also check for signs of air bubbles in the fuel lines.

Next time it occurs try pumping the rubber primer bulb (if fitted).:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Righto. Cheers for that. I understand that the metal particles are a sign of pump failure, but with regards to air in the pipes, I did notice a few long bubbles along the return pipe when it was playing up. The diagnostics guy also noticed them. Is this a sign of injector failure? If so, I suppose a leak back test is in order? The strange thing is, there are no fault codes stored for the injectors. Would the fact that its such a temperamental issue still indicate that it could be the injectors at fault?

Sorry for all the questions, but i'm pretty lost when it comes to modern diesels. I'm used to tinkering with Rover K-series engines...they're a lot simpler!

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Not all code readers can detect duff injectors.

Air leaks into the fuel system can be from numerous points.
Check the leak-off pipes from the injectors are secure and undamaged and then check each fuel line connector. It only takes the slightest minute leak to let air in. Sometimes smearing each connector with grease helps temporarily reduces any air intake. Obviously not a [permant fix but may help trace a problem.

A leak back test may reveal if its the injectors.

Have you checked the fuel filter for metal particles yet? I think it's wise to do so first.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right...drained filter and stirred with my magnet and there only appears to be 4, maybe 5 tiny fragments of metal, but you have to look hard to see them. Does that sound ok?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.