Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wanted to know if the following is anything to be concerned about? I have an 04 plate megane CC, I have noticed that when in gear the gear stick has some movement as in side to side, I am sure this is not normal, but need to know if it's normal, if not can I resolve it myself? Or does it need to be a garage repair?

Thanks

L

·
0 Posts
Is it something you have noticed over time or has it always been there?

A Hayned manual may give some info on it, but just as likely not to, very hit and miss with info these days.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only had the car 3-4 weeks, and it's been like it since I had it, just hoping it's not a sign of the gearbox going, the car only has 37k miles!!

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Most Renaults have a small spring like an accelerator spring underneath the car keeping the gear lever steady, they break or fall off, making the gears feel loose.

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Is this an easy fix job, or an expensive garage bill?
Its an easy fix, if that is the problem, have a look underneath the car, close to where the lever goes trough the body, if you see a mounting point (its about the size of a 4mm screw head) if there is no spring attach a soft spring like a accelerator spring or get the real thing, the other end attaches to the gear lever rod going to the front.

I cant guarantee that your problem will be solved but its worth a look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts