Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a long commute at the moment between home in Birminham and work in Warrington (about 75 miles each way). Last Friday I had my timing belt changed at a local garage in Warrington. Drove home and back to work on monday morning no problems. On the way back from Warrington to Birmingham I started loose power around Stafford. As I was cruising on a motorway I didn't really notice until I slowed down for traffic: I only got power when the turbos kicked in around 2000rpm. Stopped at a service station. When I got going again (really struggling to pick up the pace), I got an orange 'fault in fuel injection system' warning 10miles down the road. Checked at the next S/S and, as it wasn't a 'stop and get Renault' fault I managed to crawl home where I called the AA. No faults clocked on the computer and no error message, but the guy noticed an odd noise from the engine. AA man popped the bonnet and had a look. The three 10mm bolts that connect the flange of the plastic pipe taking air into the engine block were very loose (about 10mm of play). AA reckons they weren't done up properly. A dose of Loctite later and everything seems fine.

My question is this: does anyone know of these bolts working loose just from the vibration of the engine? AA also reckoned they'd have no cause to undo these bolts if they were just replacing the timing belt, does anyone disagree?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts