Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm losing power periodically on my 1.6vvt 56 plate megane cc..(petrol)...had 2 camshaft sensors...new fazer pulleys and cambelt..only done 31k miles...been plugged in about 8 times....back next week to Renault main dealer in Kent
Thx

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
can you explain more on what mean by losing power is it going into limp home mode? and if you think it is is the eml showing , or is it just very slugish the meg 1.6 ccs aint all that fast to start with have you changed the oil and used the correct type/grade what about plugs and oil filter and air filter and petrol filter have you changed them? some more info needed bud

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

some more info would be good. When you say its losing power is it intermittent or all the time, does the engine lose power more when the engine is hot or cold, are there any warning lights on etc. Could be the throttle position sensor or sometimes the throttle body housing can get gummed up and that would cause power delivery issues. I am from Kent myself and can thoroughly recommend Palm Bay Garage, they are not overly greedy on their labour rates for a main dealer.

Harry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts