Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , MY CLIO DYNAMIQUE (75) 16V 54 plate. is losing power when driving. Its kind of strange it just looses power at any speed whether driving at 30 or 60. It feels as if you have taken your foot of the accelerator and gently applying the foot brake. When this happens i just floor the accelerator and after a couple of seconds it picks up speed (back to normal). I've noticed this problem occurs whilst the engine is cold. Once the engine reach's its optimum temperature it seems to be o.k. It also happen when driving at low revs.
Please can any one help?

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

the throttle body may be gummed up and that would cause acceleration / idling problems. I would get that cleaned and go from there. Also check the air filter is not blocked and if it is replace it.

Harry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the reply Haree. I will give that a try. I also forgot to mention the serv light is illuminated. I met a mechanic today in the local paper shop he mentioned that the serv light is the engine management light and that it might be the oxygen sensor. Any thoughts on that please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck with throttle body. It was quite clean to start of with. Gave it a good clean anyway with carb spray, didnt make a difference. I changed the oxygen sensor the one after the cat, it made a difference for 1 day lol. Any suggestions plz:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it a possibility that one of the coils is causing a sparkplug to fail to spark. I know Megans had an issue with coils going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the new oxygen sensor of replaced it back for the old one, and changed the pre cat oxy sensor for the new one WOW! problem sorted for now. However the serv light is still on, it did turn off for about 20 seconds when i changed oxy sensor. The car is still running crap on fuel. Time to check coil pack i guess. thanks for suggestion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts