Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've just gotten back from a safety check. I need to have the front right lower ball joint replaced. Parts and fitment, I'm looking at around £160. Fair price?

Any recommendations on where to have it done in Harrogate area?

Thanks.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,855 Posts
Hi all.

I've just gotten back from a safety check. I need to have the front right lower ball joint replaced. Parts and fitment, I'm looking at around £160. Fair price?

Thanks.
https://www.clickmechanic.com/?utm_source=cpc&utm_campaign=GO-BRA-EN-GBR-1L-EM-BRAP-CMC-EM-BRAP-clickmechanic&gclid=CjwKCAiA8rnfBRB3EiwAhrhBGvy005_WLy5n9TXHLv3W2sBfhYBzvOJ94P0SLj83b5UkPFceuIQhqxoCcHoQAvD_BwE

And you dont say what vehicle it is..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil

I have literally just clicked on a booking from that link you sent!

Apologies about not saying what car it is, I thought it showed in my garage. Its a Laguna 2.0 Turbo 2005.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,702 Posts
Hi all.

Thanks.

For the Laguna ?

On Ebay complete lower arm seems around 30 quid so I'd expect local factors a little more.
Should be about an hours work but but possibly two if (as they should) they are including tracking check and adjust.
From that I would say the £160 is a little on high side and shop about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The £160 was after a massive discount! Their system spat out a figure of £410 at first!

On a side note, how do I get my garage showing at the bottom of my posts, like yours are showing??

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,702 Posts
The £160 was after a massive discount! Their system spat out a figure of £410 at first!

On a side note, how do I get my garage showing at the bottom of my posts, like yours are showing??

Feck me !!
That is a total rip.
What does click mechanic give ?

This is the sort of job that is bread and butter to small independants..... 40 - 50 quid an hour, two hours tops plus parts.

In user dashboard you should find a link to My Garage.... not sure exactly where but it is there.

Just looked, User Dashboard.... Edit Details... scroll down to additional information

·
23,855 Posts
Couldnt use click this time around for my son's Kia rio lower ball joint cos its his wedding tomoz and then they are off for their honeymoon..so local moby tech was used at a cost of £47 and I supplied the joint £13..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,780 Posts
For a complete arm and Labour,.. That is a cracking price..

Laguna, its Subframe Down, as the bolt comes through the Top and cannot be gotten out otherwise..

Its over two hours labour ..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So... little update... as good as the idea of Clickmechanic is, if you live in an area that there arent actually people wanting to do the the work, then you get no replies to your request.... so far, I've had no one get back to me wanting to take on the job.

So....Kwikfit? Halfords??

Edit: Busy watching Wheeler Dealers - do you think I should get hold of Edd and tell him to come slip on some gloves and get cracking?? Its a pity he's left the show, I think he made the show more than Mike did...

·
23,855 Posts
So... little update... as good as the idea of Clickmechanic is, if you live in an area that there arent actually people wanting to do the the work, then you get no replies to your request.... so far, I've had no one get back to me wanting to take on the job.

Its not far off a year now that I bought my High N die and finding that the brakes were shot..I used click because I was now not up to doing the job myself but found you had to wait while they put out the job to all their technicians out there in your area so be patient ..if your in a big hurry and you just want it to be sorted then google mobile mechanics and put your area in the request..since using click we have used a local chap that so far has been good..check out Mobi tec where you live..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, as ours2012 said, its subframe down to get at the wishbone. Just got back from Kwikfit now, after they said yes, sure, no problem, we can do it for you....

Drove in, hoisted it up, and then hoisted it down again. Sorry sir, we can't do this for you. Reason being - subframe. I mentioned the subframe to them when I booked, and it wasnt an issue.

So back to finding someone who can do it for me!! Oh, happy days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts