Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awrite folks,

Got a 2003 Megane 1.6 VVT fitted with 17inch alloys. Planning to fit 35mm Koni lowering springs. Anyone know if this will be ok/ too much to avoid the wheels rubbing off the arches?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Awrite folks,

Got a 2003 Megane 1.6 VVT fitted with 17inch alloys. Planning to fit 35mm Koni lowering springs. Anyone know if this will be ok/ too much to avoid the wheels rubbing off the arches?

Cheers
It will depend on what tyre size you go for but it should be ok if you keep the wall size of the tyre around 45/40, but to be honest iam just guessing as i have no experience with this car but the arches on the megane are large enough? i think:eek:

Iam sure other members that have already done this will advise soon?

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Yes, they would.

Just watch out over bumps etc, as the standard shocks probably won't be stiff enough to stop the springs from bottoming out.

However, I personally wouldn't like to use standard shocks with lowering springs - would probably lead to a shoddy ride quality / reduced handling abilities compared with factory springs.

If you're just going for lowering looks, go for it. If you want the car to handle well too, buy some shocks to go with the springs.

Hope this helps,
Andy :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts