Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like some advice from any scenic owners who have had their car converted to run on LPG. I’m seriously thinking of having mine converted after Christmas. I’ve had a quote from one company who say they can convert it in one day & it comes with a lifetime warranty. Mine is the 7 seater version so I’m not sure where they would put the LPG tank.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think there’s a space for a spare wheel under the back of the car as the car don’t come with a spare wheel?

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
I don’t think there’s a space for a spare wheel under the back of the car as the car don’t come with a spare wheel?
Our bus had no spare either but the three mounting screws for the spare attachment pillar are there as is a plug in the hole through to the cabin. I am planning to put one in there as soon as this thing stops breaking down :)
What's the payback on the LPG project?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Behnk thanks for that I will defrost take a look in daylight. I’ve been quoted £700 all in including lifetime warranty Road tax goes down plus the cost of LPG is around 40p a litre

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Behnk thanks for that I will deffo take a look in daylight. I’ve been quoted £700 all in including lifetime warranty Road tax goes down plus the cost of LPG is around 40p a litre

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,939 Posts
The £700 sounds good but check the payback period... ie cost against savings and compare with how long you likely to keep the vehicle.

I know two people who have LPG conversions.
One has a 4.6l V8 Range Rover. Goes back and forth to North Wales throughout the year, weekly in summer. His payback was in the first year.

The second has a Focus, can't remember engine size but he is the typical short journey and weekend driver, doubt he does more then 10K a year and gawd knows when he will break even.
Can always be relied on to tell us how little his latest tankful cost though :|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts