Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads I have a 02 1.9 dti Megane and I wanna find out what bhp it is because I'm gonna fit a Tuning box and there are 2 versions of the dti a 98bhp and an 80bhp does anyone know how to find this out?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Uprating Dti

If you ask renault to check their records - they would probably know - you would need the vehicle VIN number and possiible the engine number. What age and how many miles are on your vehicle and is there any warranty still on it. Uprating an engine with high mileage is likely to cause severe probs. From what I hear uprating will increase fuel consumption considerably. You get nothin for nothin in this world. If still under warranty you will invalidate it and do you plan to tell you insurers - if an accident occurs and they find out they will walk away laughing - leaving you to pick up the pieces.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Are you sure that your cars a dTi and not a dCi?.

Yours is right on the change over between the old shape and new shape(large ar$ed!) version.Which do you have?.If you can find the engine code (F9Q or similar) it would help us indentify which engine you have.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
In that case then you should have a 1.9dTi engine,but according to my info there two types,both with 100hp....:confused:

F9Q 731 or a F9Q 736

My info only goes up to 2002 though...:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a magane 1.5 dci 03 and it comes in 80bhp and 100bhp. Im shure you must have the 1.9dci engine on an 02 car and i think it must be 98bhp or 130bhp.

J

·
0 Posts
Lads I have a 02 1.9 dti Megane and I wanna find out what bhp it is because I'm gonna fit a Tuning box and there are 2 versions of the dti a 98bhp and an 80bhp does anyone know how to find this out?
Fairky,

Unless you've already bought it drop me a line about your tuning box........

I have a good supplier in Germany can get them alot cheaper than a dragon box.......

Fitted one on my wifes scenic & its giving avg 55mpg

Regards

James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts