Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry folks, i know there have been a lot of threads regarding leaks,but mine has me flumuxed,
car is a 53 plate megane dci, when it rains i get a pool in the o/s/f door pocket,
the door surround, door card itself,footwell & carpets all remain dry,no obvious knocks or dents allowing the water in but it's getting in some where, any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Smutty.

Some have found the water seeping in through the mirror/housing/fixing.

Regards

Ottoman
cheers ottoman,one more place to check,;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
hiya smutty - did you find out where this was coming from as i have the same problem in passenger side.

when i took out speaker i could see the dripping of water behind the speaker hole - i imagine it somehow drips onto the speaker and comes into the door pocket by travelling along the speaker? i think that it comes from the bottom of the speaker grill cover?

did you work out what was going on for yours and how to sort it?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Try checking the drain holes in the bottom of the door - all windows leak to some extent so if any access water can't get away there is likely to be a build up.:)

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hiya smutty - did you find out where this was coming from as i have the same problem in passenger side.

when i took out speaker i could see the dripping of water behind the speaker hole - i imagine it somehow drips onto the speaker and comes into the door pocket by travelling along the speaker? i think that it comes from the bottom of the speaker grill cover?

did you work out what was going on for yours and how to sort it?
unfortunately no, but thats down to idleness on my part more than anything else, when it comes to motors i tend to mend things til they break if you know what i mean,

so at present i just mop it up when it gets in, .

sorry i can't be more help than that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Megane condensation, not quite a leak?!

Hi all, am new an not done this before so bear with me! ;)
Have a 2007 Megane II 1.9dCI Sports Hatch Dynamique :) which I love...... but I get alot of interior condensation! :( An I don't know why!!
I don't have a sunroof in mine an I haven't noticed any water in the footwells or doors or anywhere actually an I gave the car a thorough clean an didn't find anything untoward!! :crazy:
Whats going on? Help me please?!! :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
water leak

hi all new to this too.

I got a megane 04 1.5 dci, I had a water leak in passenger's side collecting in pocket Renault fixed it for me as i had not long bought car from them.

A mate of mine used to work for them and said there is a common fault and within the door the are three hole's used for fixings any that are not used are ment to be filled in but often dont and thats where the water get's in.

Now i got one on drivers side think i may taclke it myself not sure of to get door panel off any ideas

·
Banned
910 Posts
Hi all, am new an not done this before so bear with me! ;)
Have a 2007 Megane II 1.9dCI Sports Hatch Dynamique :) which I love...... but I get alot of interior condensation! :( An I don't know why!!
I don't have a sunroof in mine an I haven't noticed any water in the footwells or doors or anywhere actually an I gave the car a thorough clean an didn't find anything untoward!! :crazy:
Whats going on? Help me please?!! :eek:
yours could just need a new pollen filter mate

·
Banned
910 Posts
Reply was to minnie megane mate cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts