Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people I have had a quick look but cant find the problem on here, got a 1998 Renault grand Espace. The dipped main beam lights don't work, at first we couldn't turn them off unless we disconnected the battery, now they don't work at all. The side lights, main beam, front and back fog lights all work fine. I have checked the fuses cant see any problems so replace the bulbs but still nothing. Any ideas please thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just an update, changed the control stalk inside the car 2day just in case it was that and still no joy :mad: note to self - dont but another renault

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Hi , im not sure abuot your problem but it does sound as though it could be the relay tbh but some one in the electrics side of the forum must know , other than that it would probably be down to bad wires and you would need a multimetre to check it , good luck Ian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
relay didnt think of that. but wouldnt that mean sumthing else wouldnt work or does the dipped headlight have its own relay. bet you can guess the next question lol. which relay is it haha

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
:(Hello again Crasher . the relays can be just be for one speciffic thing but not sure on the senic and i can't seem to find my Haynes to check up at the mo , but will let you know as soon as i've found it and checked

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Sorry but it doesn't seem to show a relay for the dipped headlights in my Haynes manual just fuses 25 & 26 , so it sounds like it might be a bad earth :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for looking ian, is there any way of checking if a relay isnt working cause will just check 1 by 1

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Hi again Crasher, Checking them one by one is the best way to keep track and of course a multimetre but if you don't have one you could swap them around but if swap them around , dont for get to number them and the positions first so you can keep track of the original positions , i hope that helps Ian :think:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts