Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a very poorly p reg megane. We are coming into the winter months and we have no blower. We have done everything to try and get to the resistor and motor. The whole dash came off this morning and it was just not obvious to my husband and brother in law just where this part is located. We have now decided that because winter is coming, the car will have to go. Such a shame. Last resort is to get a garage to try and locate this- does anyone know how much labour time is involved to locate the resistor as we have given up all hope!. We only need it to last until August next year when we will have funds available to buy a new car. MOT in February too. So frustrating that we need the car only for this short time.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
Hi

I have a very poorly p reg megane. We are coming into the winter months and we have no blower. We have done everything to try and get to the resistor and motor. The whole dash came off this morning and it was just not obvious to my husband and brother in law just where this part is located. We have now decided that because winter is coming, the car will have to go. Such a shame. Last resort is to get a garage to try and locate this- does anyone know how much labour time is involved to locate the resistor as we have given up all hope!. We only need it to last until August next year when we will have funds available to buy a new car. MOT in February too. So frustrating that we need the car only for this short time.
Have you looked under the scuttle grill {below the wiper arms}.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we have had all that off this morning along with the whole dash. Its just not obvious where it is. Pictures of later models show much better access to the parts under the scuttle panel but on the 96/97 megane it is a nightmare to see anything. We have been told it is a nightmare job. But I am loathed to throw the car away just for this as we only need it for a short time. Do you know how much labour time would be involved by any chance.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
Yes, we have had all that off this morning along with the whole dash. Its just not obvious where it is. Pictures of later models show much better access to the parts under the scuttle panel but on the 96/97 megane it is a nightmare to see anything. We have been told it is a nightmare job. But I am loathed to throw the car away just for this as we only need it for a short time. Do you know how much labour time would be involved by any chance.

The resistor pack often has its own seperate cover after removing the scuttle grill.
Look for red wires going into the corners of the bulkhead.
It should be there somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info. We have tried this and nothing obvious. I think I may have to bite the bullet and get it fixed by a garage - :crazy: Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
I'm almost sure the blower motor and resistor pack are under the scuttle grill N/S left.

Can't you see anything at all?

On some models there's a removable panel on the bulkhead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts